APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. jam81

jam81 Regular Member

it
    any comparisons with the victor tk6000?

2. ochibi89

ochibi89 Regular Member

how is the quality of the racket? heard there is some quality problem at the shaft... wanted to buy this racket...

3. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

I've just gotten an AVP and upon closer inspection the area around the shaft and cone appears to have a small gap. Not the best picture, but the black area is an actual space. Should i be concerned, or is it normal? IMG_0786.jpg

#183 vibgyor1111, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

... see what happened to my previous AVP. My replacement one still going strong though.

5. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

@vibgyor: Same goes with mine. Nothing has moved yet tho.

6. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

I also want to know about this too =)

7. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    The AVP is rather different from the BRS12... I've got a 4u AVP and a 3u BRS12. The AVP is more powerful and sharper in attack (could be my higher tension at work though), and feels a touch stiffer, but just a tad slower. The BRS12 is faster and even in 3u, feels more responsive in defense.

The AVP frame does feel a wee bit more solid though (could be its stiffness too), strung it at 30lbs and no vibrations, and paintwork doesn't yield as easily to clashes. The BRS12 at 28lbs still feels superb, but I don't imagine it taking 30lbs quite as stably as the AVP.

Aesthetically, both are great to behold - the AVP loud and showy, the BRS12 more subdued and with that awesome blue...

If speed, drives and a swing-and-snap smash is your game, go for the BRS12. If you're into something that does everything well, go for the AVP. Plus it's cheaper. :)

8. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

Thank you for a quick detail respond. I was wondering what kind of string should I use for AVP. I currently using 66umx at 23 cuz I got a week arm but for some season I don't get those explosive smash as before. Maybe due to string getting lose? Or should I try a thicker string like bg80? On my avp the top two nurse line pipe are broken, can it be fixed ? Where can I replace it?

9. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I have tried BG66umx and BG80power strung to 26 & 27 lbs tention on the AVP. I prefer the BG66umx. The feel, power and sound is better but it won't last very long. I find most higher end APACs rackets perform better at higher tensions. BG80 is also good but the feel I find is a less than the BG66.

Initially I also found that power smashes were harder to come by. But after getting used to the faster swing speed and adjusting the wrist action, it got a lot better. This racket requires a bit more wrist work to get the smashes down. Really like the racket now.

10. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

If I have AVP is there a point of getting brs12? Lol

11. michaelra

michaelra Regular Member

Really thinking to grab this one. I always prefer lightweight racket (still kinda a beginner & like playing fast+control) but I did realise that I could never get a good smash with mine or power in general.

A bit worry with the stiffness (don't really like stiff racket), but I think it'll be good for a wrist strength training and that this racket can help me to generate power? (I'm still kind of lame in court-to-court clear).

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

AVP not that stiff. :) I don't think it is any more challenging than any other racket.
    I have been thoroughly enjoying mine, of late. Bit flexy, bit head heavy, but overall light.

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i've been trying to get used to the AVP....it was really difficult for me to get the smashes down easily, difficult to adjust. but i'm finding the rhythm now. defense is still kinda slow though.

14. khoimun

khoimun Regular Member

Compared to a head light racket, this racket is of course slower. However, the defense still okay for me. I have change my string to gosen g-tone 5, which is really good.

15. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i wonder if it's the strings i'm using. using BG80 strung at 27lbs. wonder if it would be better if i had it strung with BG66UM

16. khoimun

khoimun Regular Member

I have no problem with the defense, you may wanna practice a bit more. Then again it is worth trying with a thinner string. I had bad experience with B66UM, so I recommend zymax65 and g tone 5

17. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    strings depends on personal preference. you never know until you try it. a string is relatively cheap to replace. :cool:

btw both my AVPs strung with BG6 lol

18. izylldus

izylldus Regular Member

Making people happy :)
    I will have the AVP in the next few days. Wondering what string should I string it with. Any suggestion what string best suits the AVP at 26x28 lbs? I'm currently considering ZM65 (my go to string).

19. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

The AVP works well at high tensions. I prefer the bg66 ultimax with 10% prestretch.

20. izylldus

izylldus Regular Member

Making people happy :)
    Yeah, BG66 UM is undoubtedly better than ZM65. However, its durability, tension retention and overall string life kinda sucks, price isn't that friendly too. Any cheaper and more durable alternative for it?