APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

There's quite a few members here who like the new Tantrum 200ii. Slightly less head heavy and stiffer shaft if compared with AVP. Maybe give that a go?

I'm currently rediscovering how much I enjoyed the Ziggler 565 and LHI edition. Different feel to the AVP, though.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

2. sharizulhedy

sharizulhedy Regular Member

Operation Manager
    Im afraid to go with stiffer shaft. Afraid could not handle it as i have dislocated shoulder and not a strong wrist. Bought avp in the first place coz d website showed medium flex

3. Paul Evans

Paul Evans New Member

Hey guys I bought the racket over 12months ago and was thinking of getting rid of mine, would anybody be interested in making me offer on this racket? Thanks il send pictures upon request.
    Cheers Paul

4. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

4U or 3U?

5. Paul Evans

Paul Evans New Member

Hi mate it's a 4U-G2

6. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

Wrong grip size for me. Thanks for replying.

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

APACS grip size is different to Yonex, G2 is the same as Yonex G5

8. skid101

skid101 Regular Member

Oh i see! Let me know the condition and actual weight and balance point if possible. You can pm me as not to take this off topic.

9. Tony

Tony Regular Member

Hi, I want to share my experience with AVP. I use BG 66 with 28-27 string tension. The racket feel stiff. Just like everyone said, we need to getting used with the racket due to the timing is different. (aerodinamic frame with a smaller head) But not just that. The feeling is different (like a whipping concentrated iron).Sometimes I could not measure the feedback from the racket which the effect is mislead my shot measure. And the last thing is the sweet spot is small. For me, this is not an easy racket to handle. Sometimes i need a consistency shot from a competitive game. But for overall, this is a good racket with enough power to perform in every department.

10. Carbonex_7

AVP is rated as medium stiff with standard isometric frame, to which racket are you comparing to? The sweet spot is smaller when you have it strung at 27-28lbs, it is considered high tension for amateur players,some Pros only play at 28-29lbs. The higher the tension the smaller the sweet spot, it has nothing to do with the racket. BG66 is a medium feel string, if you come from BG65, you will feel hard to hit and thought sweet spot is small. I agreed with Tony about the swing speed, once you get use to it, it is a very user friendly racket.

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Completely torn between this and the voltric 10dg for my next racket after reading through the entire thread. Got the impression that this isn't stiff enough for some reason from a few of the responses. Is that true? As I prefer stiffer rackets myself and wouldn't want something loose.

One final thing, although someone did string it at 38x40 in the thread somewhere, will it really handle 31+ consistently for awhile or is the whole 38lbs warranty more about bragging rights than anything.

12. Carbonex_7

Don't be so obsessed by high tension, how many Lbs do you play?

13. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I agree. 26-28lb is usually good enough for most people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    31lbs. 28 is what I used to play with as a 11 or 12 year old for example. Never really understood it myself to be honest but I guess everyone is made different. Don't worry about it tho, it has changed gradually. I lose no power when playing with it and it offers a peace of mind when hitting clears and stuff from back since the shots won't be out too easily and then you can kill the opponent with net play due to the control it offers at the same time. Smashes aren't affected either.

#234 swsh, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I won't disagree. It is for most people especially since besides few the highest tension used in the clubs / complex I go to is 28. Let's not dwell on that tho, I'm still curious about AVP.

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Looks like the 10dg is quite head heavy with a stiff shaft. AVP is less head heavy and has a more flexible shaft. I haven't tried the 10dg but the AVP has a fast swing despite a head heavy balance. Good for drives and defence. You do need to whack it a bit more to get powerful smashes though.

Depends on what your preferences and style of play. You sound like a more advanced player, and may prefer stiffer shafts perhaps?

17. Carbonex_7

Agree with Tantrum, AVP is not for you. You should look for something stiffer like AV Pro II.

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I do like stiffer shafts because I can't seem to obtain desired accuracy when attacking with shafts that flex and if I hit the exact same distance / power with an extra stiff shaft there's no point in it. Maybe with time when I play a few games and adjust I could play similarly.

https://www.badmintonhub.in/rackets...ck-robert-blair-version-badminton-racket.html

This?

19. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

The AV PRO II Robert Blair would be closer to the 10dg, on paper. More head heavy and stiffer than the AVP. Only way to find out is to try it, flick it off if it's not suitable ☺️

20. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I consider myself an "accidental owner" of the AVP recently. I have been using Nanoray 900 and Armotec 900 Technique - offensive style rackets, and have always wondered how do the lower priced racket brands perform, such as Fleet and Apacs. I happened to visit Hock Eng Bangi one day looking for a racket for the wifey. While browsing through the options, I asked the store assistant any cheaper brand rackets that has similar specs to Nanoray 900. Straight away I was given 4 Apacs rackets on promot - AVP (RM168 without string), Z Zigler and another 2 (RM128 without string) which I can't recall the model. Did a quick check on BC on AVP and Z Zigler. Was amazed with the rave reviews on AVP, while Z Zigler doesn't seem to suit my style of play. I have always refer head heavy racket but the A900 T seems a bit too head heavy for me, while the N900 a tad too light on smashes. The BC reviews convinced me to get the AVP. So I paid another RM29 for Yonex BG66 strung at 27 pounds.

I play twice a week and I can say that the AVP is my most preferred racket at the moment. Apart from the 2 Yonex, I also have a Wilson Recon BLX and a Fischer Black Granite X-Lite. None of them matches the power, control and feel that the AVP gives me. The racket fits my play immediately the first time I played with it. I didn't even need much time to get used to it. I find that it's also a very fast racket. The head isn't as heavy as the Armotec, while the control and speed is even better than N900. And for the RM168 I paid, I'm a super happy customer. :)

So at the end instead of buying a racket for the wife, I got myself one instead. :))

regularAl likes this.