Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Are 5lbs dumbbells useful?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Sgt_Strider, May 11, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Recently I discovered a pair of 5lbs dumbbells in my house. I know they're pretty light and even for a slim guy like me, I don't feel like it's going to give me much of a workout or maybe it will? Yet, I'm thinking that just because it's light doesn't mean it's useless. What do you guys think? Are there any exercises that I can do to make good use of the 5lbs dumbbells? They're light enough that I can easily transport it to another location and do light workouts such as work or relatives' place.

2. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I think its useless you better get a pair at 20lbs and then do less per set.

3. Sgt_Strider

I only have 1 20lb dumbbells. I should have bought a pair at that time, but it was more of an impulsive purchase.

4. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    Do not dismiss them because they're 5lbs. You can use them for a variety of workout. When I was doing my NS the rifle was also our "dumbbell" and it work. A variety of exercise was specially taliored for use with a rifle and it work those muscle groups that you never guess was important nor that a rifle can be use as like that.

It was an eye opener.

5. Sgt_Strider

Which muscle groups will benefit from those 5lbs dumbbells exercises?