Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

AT700 from wingeesports - fake?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by richsaccount, Apr 22, 2008.

1. richsaccount

richsaccount Regular Member

well i bought an at700 from wingeesports and when i got it, i inspected it and it looked like the real deal to me but then i look at the sticker stating the grip size and racquet weight and see, 9.0-11.0 kg. im pretty sure authentic yonexs wouldnt make a careless mistake such as this and it sure did not feel like 9-11 kg.

Attached Files:

2. JonYKN

JonYKN Regular Member

9.0 ~11.0kg is the recommended string tension in kilograms, 20~25 is the equivalent tension in pounds >> thats not the racquet's weight

3. richsaccount

no way... i have a yonex mp21 and it says 80-89 g for the 3u version.

4. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Yes, this is the recommended tension in lbs and kgs. I would suggest doing due dilegence before jumping to conclusions.

Yonex specifies weight in terms of U specification i.e. 3U, 4U, 2U.

5. richsaccount

wow am i embarassed... i guess its my mp21 thats fake.

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

That's strange.. does it say so on the shaft ?

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    3U is actually 85-89g.

8. b_joey

b_joey New Member

hey buddy. I bought a AT700 from them too and no worries, I found out this is just a matter that some sort of special racquet made for national players in national team only. They made it a little different so they can be classified right away. I took mine to different places (reputated stores which sell real yonex racquets) and asked about whether the racquet is a fake one and they said it looks a bit awakward on the sticker but apart them that they can't tell anything wrong or any signs that show this is a fake racquet. At the same time, I emailed wingeesports about this issue, and they told me the same thing. I've used this racquet for over a month and without looking at the info on the sticker, nobody can tell it has any different than any other AT700. In conclusion, I believe it is a real racquet.

9. b_joey

b_joey New Member

Apart from this, I've a friend playing in national team and I asked him about this. He took a picture of his racquet and showed me. It appears exactly like mine and yours (the pic posted in this entry). Well, my friend didn't really notice that until I brought this up too. Anyhow, I questioned about the source of his racquet, he told me it is a sponsor racquet from Sunrise. I guess you don't have to worry anymore. I have a witness with picture of his racquet showing the same thing as well as mine. My friend even said if his racquet is a fake one, then the whole national team are using fake racquets. Haha, in this case I think we both don't need to worry. We are using the same racquets as national team!