AT900 - T/P Fans Club!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Mine are about 310mm with overgrip. My AT900T 4U is however, 325mm with overgrip...

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Wow, that is quite head heavy. I'd love such a racket, haha. Except, it'd be more satisfying as a 3U.

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

my AT900T is 4UG4. with ONE Wilson X-tra overgrip, the BP is 297mm, and string is YY BG80 with 25x27 lbs.

4. DonnyGan

DonnyGan Regular Member

Logistics
    maybe it's white & grip is still new, thus looking thick. i'm on a G4 & G5 with overgrip is still too small for me.

anyway, i'm usually at 23lb. 25lb gain alot of control & defense stepped up for me.

I pit myself against a high intermediate last night & could only play defense using AT900P. My smashes & clears are weak at 25lbs & clearly understand that i should stick to 23 - 24lbs only.

Bad game yesterday, good lesson learnt.

5. tcy148

tcy148 Regular Member

That is extremely head heavy!:eek:
    I've got a 4U G4 AT900T as well. But mine is at most 310mm, with strings and original grip.
    Could it be the BP varies depending on region/country?
    Mine is UK.

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Well don't forget that there's always some sort of variability in products....the general range for AT900T is probably like 305, but some may be more or less head heavy.

7. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

My AT900T is also 4UG4 and UK coded. the BP is the same as yours, but with one overgrip makes the BP to 297 mm.

therefore, I believe it's s somewhat related to the region.

Still, I also think there is a variance even for the rackets from the same region.

8. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    That's inconsequential, as all rackets vary, and they are merely distributed to various regions with their respective codes. Region has nothing to do with it.

9. locwan

locwan Regular Member

I recently got a A900-T to replace my trusty old NS8000 (had a bit of accident with a new player during doubles..) And my first impression is that it's a very light racket and easy to move around.

Like many commented here, the power of the racket seems to be easier bring out.. but I feel that the shaft felt noticeably softer than the NS8000.. and hard swings with the racket actually decreased my smashes' speed, while a lighter and more leisurely swing speeds brought out the racket's power. I will experiment with different string tensions to compare (right now it's strung at 25lbs, bg-66) Overall, defense, clears, and drops are great with this racket, and I'm very happy with the accuracy and control.

However, the main issue that I have with this racket so far is the strange spacing of the grommets at the top of the racket. Apparently, this is also noticed by a few others on this forum. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1157235#post1157235

Do anyone else notice this? And do you have any info on the purpose behind this? Thanks.

10. vezo1

vezo1 New Member

HI..

i also owned an armortec 900p to replace My Prince steel shaft racquet, i havent try it yet, its strung at 21/21 with BG 66...

i really eager to try the new raquets, however, ive been reading a lot of posting of the weak frame of the at 900

which made me feel a little cold feet, as some of you guys in this thread, have the raquets for quit sometime,

i wanna ask how to take care of the raquets, ive been reading that this problem usually occur on the 4u, mine is 3u g4,

11. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    I had mine AT900P and AT900T both 4U (US) models since April 2008. It has numerous clashes and several chips on the frame. Both re-strung more than 4 times with NBG 95 & NBG 98 at 25#.

You guessed it, they are still going strong. I have yet to experience a broken frame so I can get a new replacement = D

12. vezo1

vezo1 New Member

Hehehe, thats good and assuring, i guess im just a bit paranoid,

because its my first Yonex racket (i used to use pRINCE, AND Babolat),

i eagerly want to tested, but reading review about broken frame, makes me kinda paranoid, have to avoid reading those kinda forum, makes me think negative...

i guess its just find if the tension is about 20-25 (as it is officially recomended)

tomorow im going to use it for the first time, and i know from reading this forum, its going to be Fun

cheers

13. Hunterex196

Hunterex196 Regular Member

Armortec Tour

Hi guys,
    I jus joined, and im currently using a ARC10 specs 2ug4, i find it a little heavy, so i bought a Armortec Tour which I heard was quite good, any1 used it bfor? its a 4ug5, so its lighter than the average racket, im getting it strung at 22lds with nanogy95. advice any1?

14. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I thought this thread was for the AT900 :p

We can't really say much about your choice of string unless you give us more information. Is there anything particular you're looking for? Power, control, durability?

15. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Hey, I have a 3U AT900T and was wondering for those of you that have a 4U, what advantages you think it does or does not have over the 3U?

16. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I am selling AT900T 3U/3G , used for 5 times. No chips on frame, still original stringed.

See Buy/Sell chapter for more details...

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no need to worry about durability of AT900t 4UG4. My coach string BG65 @ 26 lbs and I am planning to string mine @ 25lbs with BG66

18. hduong

hduong Regular Member

Just picked up a AT900p 3UG4 with bg80 @25lbs and a extra layer of grip to make it not so head heavy. Great power but can't seeem to get the timing for a back court drop shot. Seems to float a little too much. Need to work on the slice a bit more. Good solid feel on contact.

19. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

i just picked up my at900t, can't wait to get it strung and tested...
    from what i read, bg80 seems to be really popular
    i've been considering bg80/85, which is better for a control oriented player?

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BG68ti is probaly the one of the best control strings
    Are you worried about durrability ? If no get BG85 if yes get BG80 I think however BG80 is better overall than BG85