Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

AT900P or AT900T?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BlankShot, Apr 22, 2008.

1. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

Student
    I'm looking to get another racket. I currently use an MP99, and feel like upgrading. I've been thinking about getting either an AT900P (4UG4) or an AT900T (3UG4).

I play both singles and doubles, but I play doubles much more than singles. I usually play at net when I'm playing doubles as my baseline clear is a bit weak, and from my baseline, I can only clear to the middle of the other side of the court. I enjoy dropping and net play, but I'm also a compulsive smasher and can land a decent smash from just about any position possible.

I know what you're thinking, "you shouldn't buy a new racket, you should just work on your clears and stick with the one you have now", however I am NOT buying this racket thinking that it'll improve my game in any way. I'm buying it 'cause I'm a bit of a collector, and also I like having a multitude of weapons in my arsenal.

So based on the information above, what do you think I should buy of the two? Of course if you really recommend that I stick with my MP99, I will. =X

2. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    It sounds like AT 900 T to me.

3. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Agreed =] At900T is the way to go, but get a 3U because a 4U might be too light and take away some power. Theres that and if you mention 4u, Matt is going to come by and FORCE you to get a 3U LMAO ;)

4. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

Student
    Look at my first post.

The reason behind this is simple. My MP99 is a 3UG4, and I like it. Also, from about 90% of the people on this forum who've given the AT900T's 4UG4 review have came back with horror stories.

5. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    Maybe it just your string and tension preference, even you buy new racquet it'll not help much

6. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

Student
    On my MP99, I use BG-80 Strung at 22 pnds. This is cause I'm not THAT strong (only in 2nd year of highschool). As well, I'm aware that buying a new racket won't help me that much. I even said that in my first post (I'm too lazy to quote myself again), but I'm a bit of a collector of sorts, and I like to be able to have a choice, hence the reason why I'm looking for a new racket. Also, change is good, is it not?

7. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    i'm positive that the goodness not much, try lower your tension by 2 and see the result.
    unless you're rich enough and money doesnt matter, its okay to buy another new one

8. aerotus70

aerotus70 Regular Member

I had a friend who uses MP99 3UG4 with BG66 20+ pds (forget exact what pds) he demo my 3UG4 AT900T and dont like it, he say it does not have power and when swinging its very light...

I use his MP99 a few times and feel MP99 stiffness almost same as AT700 only its even balance

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I'm an AT900T 4UG4 user n mine r still doing good.But,if u do wanna buy a 3UG5,i think that's ok too..but i guess if u wanna play more effortless,u might wanna buy the 4U.Really..playing with this racket is so easy.As long as u don't clash it with any racket n u don't tell matt u r buying one..LMAO..

Btw,do u know that AT900T frame is actually stronger than the AT900P?I dont believe it either,until me n some of my friends had experienced it.It's very obvious when it comes to high tension.But i dont think u should actually bother about this,since u only play at 22lbs.

#9 Smichz, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  10. liint

liint Regular Member

Just curious how you can land a decent smash from anywhere, when you can only clear to mid court?

11. BlankShot

BlankShot Regular Member

Student
    I've practiced smashes WAY more than I've practiced clears, as when I started badminton, I found it the most interesting of the "basic" techniques. I really don't know why I can't clear to back court. I've asked some of my friends what I'm doing wrong, cause obviously I can't really see myself when I'm clearing, and the friends that I've asked can't put their finger on it. I think it has something to do with my form (cause I always feel kinda weird when I clear), or where I contact the bird.

12. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    Yes, the 900T is so easy to move around.
    However, the 900P 4U is almost as good. Only difference is you have to have a faster swing speed on 900P.

I like the more solid feel on 900P when I hit the birdie.
    The 900P is in between Cab30ms and 900T in feel and mobility.

The 900T does feel a little wobbly when returning hard smashes.
    The 900P has a solid feel with same return smash.

Also, I tend to over-hit with my 900P even at a reduced force as compared to a 900T.

Bottom line, I like both.
    If I have to choose one, probably 900P as I get more used to it and loving it. But 900T is very good already that is before I tried the 900P.

I play XD and LD.
    I mostly smash & drop & clear from back court.

But with 900T & 900P, I can get to my net shots faster than using my Cab30ms.

13. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    I just wanna ask around...
    Why some ppl choose 4u4g and some choose 3u4g???

WHich produces more power??

14. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    3UG4 -> More power

15. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Thx for the information !!!
    At least i know which...