Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

AT900T vs VT80?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Shazwazzer, May 29, 2011.

1. Shazwazzer

Shazwazzer New Member

Motorcycle Tech.
    Alright, I had an AT900 a few years ago, which ended up in a clash and not surviving (I play doubbles). After that I tried a karakal MT80 - didn't like that so much. That ended up breaking when I hit the bird - wasn't a miss hit or anything, I didn't know what the hell happened to be honest. Anywho, since then I've been playing with my old backup, good ol isometric mf62... Ya I know...

Anywho, so I need to order some new shoes, (my feet are sticking out the sides...) and I figured I would get a new racquet at the same time. Now I loved the At900T and was going to get another one, then I saw the new VT80. It looks in the same area and all, and I was thinking about giving it a try. I looked for some reviews online, but wasn't overly successful. Anyone have any idea on how the racquets compare? I do about 98% doubbles.

Also, this is slightly off topic, but I may as well put it all in the same thread, yonex shoes, any suggestions? They're all about the same price, and I'm not sure how they are different. I tried reading some reviews, again wasn't very helpful - except the reviews said that they usually fit a 1/2 size smaller? Any thoughts there?

Thanks for the help.

2. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I didnt use the AT900 T before but I used the AT900P before so couldn't tell you the comparison between, BUT!! however i have the VT80. For me its find with me even tho its a singles racket I found it ok playing doubles with it. I play doubles most of the time. VT80 works great for me. Although its very demanding. It took me around 4~5hrs to get used to the racket.

3. Barca

Barca Regular Member

IMO if you have been playing with AT900T, the switch to VT80 will not trouble you that much. I have no problem at all in the transition. In fact it took me just a game to adapt to it.

I find this racket suitable for doubles game since I can defend well with it and manoeuvrability is quite good. AT900P is one which I still have problem using it for a fast doubles game. Its heavy head hinders the smash return capability.

4. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Same here I tried my friends AT900P before and just can't play defensive well. I have no problem returning smashes with my VT80.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, interesting that you guys say the same thing. I also find the VT80 excellent to defend with, and I'm using the 3U version. Just remind me, Polaroid, are you using the 3U or 4U VT80? I know Barca is using the 4U.

6. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I'm using the 4U VT80.

7. karl95

karl95 New Member

hi im looking at both these racquets fro mostly singles use. Thoughts?

8. Iori

Iori Regular Member

I've tried my friends 3u VT80 and it didn't feel that much superior than my 3u AT900P, but the VT80 did have a more aerodynamic feel because of the frame. If I were in your situation I would probably get the VT80 if the price difference is not that big. For doubles, you might consider a faster racket if you play net a lot. Something even balance towards head heavy like Arc 10 or Victor MX 80 should also be considered.

As for shoes, I like light ones. That's why I prefer the shb92 than the shb102. My normal shoe size is 9.5, all my badminton shoes regardless of brand are 0.5 size larger so I don't hit my toes during lunges.

9. karl95

karl95 New Member

WOuld the arc 10 be superior to the At900t or the VT80. I play mostly singles