Aviva Singapore Open 2008 - Who's In, Who's Out

Discussion in 'Philippines Open / Singapore Open 2008' started by huangkwokhau, May 26, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Tq George, MOM = Majlis Olimpik Malaysia

2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Hmm..Really worry to heard that KKK injury and its seem quite serious.With the Olympic so near, i really hope he will recover faster.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    hmmm... I thought its already boring. Now more injuries and pull out. sad case. Better remind them that there's a Great Singapore Sale going on. This will tempt them to come. come come...cheap cheap..

4. eaglehelang

I finally found the OG rules :

4. Substitutions
    4.1. A player/pair may participate in an event of the Olympic Games Badminton Competition only
    if the player's/pair's entry is made by the closing date for entries as established by the relevant
    Olympic Games Organising Committee.
    4.2. After the closing date for entries but before the draw is made, a player who has entered may
    be unable to take part through illness, injury, or other unavoidable cause. That player's place
    in singles or doubles or both can be taken by a player from the same NOC who has already
    entered another Olympic Badminton event, provided the player or resulting pair would have
    been the next to be invited following the withdrawal.
    4.3. No changes or substitutions of any kind can be made to the draw after it has been made.

http://internationalbadminton.org/statues-pdf/OLYMPIC GAMES REGULATIONS FOR BADMINTON COMPETITIO.pdf

means registered for OG.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Ah 3 sets. That means KKK/TBH were indeed pretty "friendly" in that match. :D

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What the ... :eek:

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I just told Hau-Ge (who's leaving for SIN today) that I am out of the SIN Open too...:mad:

8. eaglehelang

This is the full story :
    NST

Badminton: Kien Keat out of Singapore Open

By Ajitpal Singh

2008/06/07

KOO Kien Keat has been ruled of next week's Singapore Open (June 10-15) after a freak accident at the National Sports Council (NSC) in Bukit Jalil on Thursday. In the 4pm incident, Kien Keat suffered deep cuts to his right hand and right upper thigh when a glass partition near the Jungle Gym shattered when he rested his hand against it.

The cut just below his right elbow needed 20 stitches. It is not known how many stitches the cut on his thigh needed. However, Kien Keat is not in any danger of missing August's Olympic Games as he is expected to be back in training in three weeks. The Singapore Open was to be Kien Keat and partner Tan Boon Heong's final outing before the Beijing assignment.

They are the second Malaysian pair to pull out from the event which is already experiencing a host of absentees of world class shuttlers. World No 4 Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah pulled out last week.

According to national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky, a scan on Kien Keat's injury revealed that the shuttler suffered a minor muscle tear in the right hand.

"It's not serious but I hope his wounds will not get infected as if they do, he will need more time to make a full recovery," said Rexy at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

"However, I want to stress that he is in no danger of missing the Olympic Games. Kien Keat will start rehabilitation in the second half of next week," he added.

Meanwhile, Kien Keat, when contacted, said the incident was just bad luck.

"I can't do much about it. Doctors have advised me to take full rest and that's what I'm doing now," said Kien Keat.

National chief coach Yap Kim Hock said the ISN will conduct a comprehensive evaluation on Kien Keat's condition in 10 days.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/Sport/2260676/Article/pppull_index_html

The story differs slightly from one to another press as where the stitches are needed (hand, below elbow) but definetely it's right hand & right thigh as Huang described. KKK die hard fans will be anxious.

#128 eaglehelang, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This is really bad news not only for Singapore fans but more particularly for KKK himself since his very important BO assignment is just around the corner! :(

Hope he could recover in time to give the Koreans and the Chinese a run for their money.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hmm, many players have pulled out here with various reasons, Olympic preparation, sick, injury, accident including number of INA shuttlers such as SDK, TH, Alamsyah Yunus, Tommy Sugiarto, Maria Kristin, Kido/Setiawan.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Err... quick question if anyone has any info. I noticed Jun Jae Youn (KOR) wasn't in the draw, implying she has not recovered sufficiently from her injury which kept her out of the UC. Does anyone know what her injury status is, and if she'll be ready for the INA SS. I assume her target is the OG, will she miss the remaining tournaments leading up to it. Anyone? Thanks :)

12. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    So many people not going to SO anymore =((

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    According to KOR head coach....JJY will be training until OG....basically he told me that all players who have qualified for OG will be in training camp until OG....

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Look on the positive side. SO will have higher quality Finals because the finalists are likely to be fresher.

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The biggest secret is Spore OG Team is joining them for special training after IO.Wonder if NTM will also join them.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

SIN OG team joining the Koreans??

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    It's no secret really. It's announced in our local newspapers.

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Except I don't read YOUR local papers

19. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    Then just too bad. SLOW

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I have no reason to read your local papers just like you have none to read mine. We don't get badminton news in our local media so we welcome any we can get on BC. Why the condescending tone?