Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Babolat rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by biggy, Jan 5, 2003.

1. biggy

biggy Regular Member

Hi
    I've just both a Babolet satelite synchro racket and i find it's ok.
    I would like to ask if any of you guys now anything about babolat racks...
    For me it's still new and unowne.

2. pinoysmash

pinoysmash Regular Member

Architect
    biggy...
    hows the synchro doing? is it a good racket? please give me your feedback because i plan to get one....what string & tension are you using? thanks.
    PS

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    According to this website: http://www.babolat.com/english/badminton/rackets/index.php

Seems that Babolat Satelite Synchro is a light weighted racket (3U?), which should have excellent control with decent power. Also, Kevlar is my favorite material for racket frame, due to its superior stength and light weight.

According to the spec, personally, I believe this racket should fit for player who prefer the "net play" in double matches.

Correct me, if I am wrong.

4. trapped-never

trapped-never Regular Member

telecommunication engineer
    I play with synchro for a bit less then two years. I use Babolat Superbraid with tension 11kg.
    It's nice well ballanced allround racket.
    During the time I had one crack but can blame for it just myself. I had really sweaty hand and terribly worn grip. The racket flew out of my hand and hitted the floor.

5. biggy

biggy Regular Member

well to say this is the second week that i am training with the synchro and to be honest i like the experience it's lite easy to control and powerfull ...
    me i put yonnex bg-80 at 22 pounds and it give's me master power and control so it anybody want to buy one i will recomemded if you like to control the shuttle and power at the same time...

6. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    is there anywhere that sells babolat racquets here in US? Haven't really seen or hear much about babolat products besides their grips and strings.

7. biggy

biggy Regular Member

well i got mine at sport expert i don't know if there is a store called like that over there...good luck ... for advice .. it's good and cheap
    :)

8. ksr2

ksr2 Regular Member

Research Technologist
  9. pinoysmash

Architect
    biggy..

is it possible for the synchro to be strung at 25lbs? im using bg85 at 25lbs for the last year and was wondering if the babolat can accept this tension? please advise, i just bought the synchro today. thank you

10. trapped-never

I play with 11kg - it's 24.5lbs. No problems with that.

11. eightgeese

eightgeese Regular Member

babolat racquet

pinoysmash
    good day! where did u bought ur synchro? philippines? how much?

thank you.

12. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    My Babolat Comet is strung at 25lbs. Everything is OK and no shape change during stringing.

13. pinoysmash

Architect
    trapped-never & forrestyung >>> thank you for the queries..i just had my strung at 25lbs with a bg85..and hoping itll do damage on my opponents tomorrow morning..hahaha i guess its holding up to my expectations..thanks guys

eightgeese>>>i bought mine at planetsports..they have the Chrono & Synchro models...the next shipment will be this summer already...i changed the strings just today, im not as keen to the hyperbraid that went with the racket so i have to regut it...maybe if it was the hyperbraid micro (.67) then maybe itll be different. this racket is fast...

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hmmm... just spoke with them.

Guess I will settle down on a deal with satellite sychrno (mid flex) w/ BG68Ti.

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    One word of caution: cut the factory string asap. The tension is too low for useful baddy play. I will do that today. :D

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

That was exactly what the dealer told me. String tension was low and string was thick. Therefore, I asked him to replace it with BG68Ti @ 22 lbs.

This racket seems preferred to be strung using "1 piece" method, due to the "1 string per hole" structure. "2 piece" is doable, but will end up with 3 knots on the top of the frame.

17. trapped-never

I have seen ex-international player playing league match with the factory strings on synchro this saturday. I must say that the racket in his hand performed above a level of useless piece of equipment ;). Maybe synchros in Europe are being stringed differently.

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Just got back my Comet & Pulsar from Tad's Sporting Goods in Vancouver. The Comet was strung with Gosen Bio (Corn Derived Viscose Fiber) Aermet at 28 lbs, one piece string method. The Pulsar was strung with Yonex BG-65 Ti at 28 lbs, one piece string method. I will post my experience with them over the weekends and compare to Mr. Ng's string jobs at Luxis. I don't think Gary vary the string tension across all main and cross strings. So all main and cross strings are at the same tension. Initial examination indicates what I get back is really 28 lbs, just like Luxis.

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I would rather believe that because of his skill is way better than most of us. Never know, maybe he can beat us by using bare hands. ;)

20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Initial Test

So today I bounced feather with the Comet and Pulsar to get a feel of the string job. First, the string is very tight especially the Pulsar given it is strung with 0.70 mm VS. Comet's 0.73 mm. Second, the feel is kind of dead. So, Gary at Tad didn't do a variable high tension string job that BCers discussed earlier. I will need to thoroughly test them tomorrow evening and Marky will also test them. Compared to Mr. Ng of Luxis's stringing, Tad's doesn't seem to have the repulsiveness. I am used to 28 lbs already but somehow the tension of the two racquets feel like 30 + lbs???

Anyone else have a similar experience with Tad's high tension stringing?