Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Backing Up Against Clears

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by magiadam, Dec 16, 2009.

1. magiadam

magiadam Regular Member

Hi guys,

Backing up to the corners isn't really a problem for me as I cross-step back to the corners. But backing directly behind is a problem. Since you're backing up directly back, you can't really "cross-step", you know what I mean?

So how do you guys back-up? Do you turn sideways and hop sideways to the back or do something else?

Thanks a lot.

Adam

2. LVbeam

LVbeam Regular Member

I turn my upper body around and your lower body naturally let's you run back. It's the same footwork I use for getting to corners, it's just a bit slower.

3. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

i think running backwards won't help too much once i tried it but i fell straight down to the fell and at the same times i got cramps. Its very dangerous especially if you make that wrong step.

I prefer hopping backwards

Thats all!

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Student
    I find it's fastest to take that first step back in such a way that you turn yourself sideways into the good body position for a powerful clear, then cross step as you normally would.

5. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    if you can step back to your backhand corner for overhead shots effectively, moving directly backwards is similar, you just have to turn your body less --such that it is perpendicular to the net.

there are many ways to do it-the most common way is a little shuffle then followed by a scissors. definitely enough to reach rear court from middle.

If you got powerful legs you can take a hop back, followed by a shuffle which ends in another hop, next thing u know you can take off from both legs from baseline. many pros do that to execute a good jump-smash..

For your case, just play more halfcourt singles?:cool: