Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

bad timing.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Tony Roddis, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Tony Roddis

Tony Roddis Regular Member

Hello! can anybody please give me advice on ways to improve my timing.Lately i am hitting shots but my timing is slightly out. Are there any routines or tips to improve this thanks T R:confused:

2. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

practice makes perfect.

3. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    Get your friend to feed you shots. Play more games. Play the wall.
    Practice Practice Practice

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Try practising a shorter swing. Many players use an unnecessarily long swing that causes them to lose timing. Even for a rearcourt stroke such as a forehand clear, the swing should be compact and controlled.

Several of my juniors have lost their smash and clearing timing over the summer (actually, it started earlier); I'm now coaching them to use a simpler, shorter swing. It seems to be working :)

The trouble is that, if you are thinking about power, you will naturally use a big (and often tense) swing. The only way to train against this impulse is to practise in a situation where there is no pressure on you to develop power.