Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

badminton 7 days a week...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Joseph, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Starving Graduate Student
    I'm about to do an insane schedule of badminton starting next week. I will be practicing on monday - friday from 3 - 6 at my school since I'm on the team. Then starting Saturday and Sunday, I will be coached along with 3 other people from 2 - 10. It sounds good and bad at the same time. The good part is the practice while the bad part is the fact that I will have barely any time for homework. :eek:

2. Russ7

Russ7 Regular Member

wow, they work you hard there. We have a 2 hour practice on tuesday and wednesday, and a game or two during the week. I sometimes go on monday nights to play at my high school too... I'd like playing, but the 2-10 on the weekends seems to be a bit much for me at least.

3. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

I play

Monday: 7:30pm-9:30 PM
    Tuesday: Match night
    Thursday: Match Night
    Friday: 6:30pm-9:30pm
    Saturday: 1pm-2pm
    Sunday: 7:30pm-9:30pm

4. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Forget about homework and studies. With that busy a schedule, when are you even gonna find time to rest and let your body recoperate?

Honestly, it seems to me that you're really pushing yourself too hard.

-Rick

5. Aleik

Aleik Regular Member

Let's not get encumbered by detail...(is the taxma
    I was informed that most full-time players train all day (7am til 9pm). I know most of us aren't prepared for that, but can we cope with it? I think we need to do all we can to regain energy and recover for the next session. This might be to eat correctly, take a lot of sleep, warm up and warm down, and take cold baths.

I work full-time, so I'm not prepared to give up my income to try and broaden my abilities. That might change though, if something happens which drastically re-aligns my perspective (car crash, etc!).

Aleik.

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

It's not as hard as it seems. The monday - friday isn't hard since i have games on tuesday and thursday. Monday is just a challenge day while wednesday is the light practice day before the match. Friday is either conditioning or fun day. Saturday and Sunday won't be straight 2 - 10 of practice. It's more like 2 hours of practice and the rest of the time open gym.

7. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    All I can say is... DAYAM I wish I was young again!!! :D

Or at least started playing when I was young. Good luck with your new schedule. If your body can cope, I'm sure you'll see some improvement afterwards.

8. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

My body can cope with this. I've been following a 6 days a week schedule for the past couple months. I'm just adding in one more day.

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Are you ready for some strings change? :D:D:D
    (You will probably need to do a LOT of laundry :p)

I can't imagine playing badminton for that many continuous days......max to me is like 4 days straight and my feet will start to hurt......

10. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I go through about 2 shirts a day just for practice. And 1 shirt for school. Making a total of 3 shirts a day which ends up to be 21 shirts for one week. But since I have to wear a uniform I only need to wear 17 shirts a week.