Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Badminton Central - Improvements?

Discussion in 'Badminton Central Announcements' started by kwun, Mar 20, 2016.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hi BCers,

Now that the new software is up and running, and hopefully help improved your experience with Badminton Central, I would like to request some idea from BCers.

As we want to improve and help inform and engage badminton fans, what type of features do you like to see in Badminton Central that will make your stay here even better?

Something that I can think of is:

- Equipment review
    - More articles
    - Tournament report
    - Chat
    - Better for sale section

Thanks,
    kwun

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I think the following would be nice:

1. Latest badminton news, analyses and commentaries in English as well as from around the world translated into English (from Chinese, Indonesian, Korean, Danes, Japanese, etc). Google Translate and fans all over the world can chip in.

2. a real-time live audio-only commentary channel on youtube for major tournaments. Starting a live audio-only channel on youtube should be easy since BadmintonCentral already has a youtube account. As for commentators, I am sure there are many excellent coaches, former players and umpires here at BadmintonCentral who would be willing. The commentator can run the new chat room too. As for chatroom add-on, here's some suggestions:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/live-chat-addon-which-is-the-best.64040/

Thank you again boss for your hard work.

#2 pcll99, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    kwun likes this.
  3. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I would love more equipment reviews. They're the reason I went and bought a pair of Customedge racquets. :)

Would it be possible to make the "like" feature more robust like facebook's? Facebook allows you to also add emotions to the like: laugh, awe, sad, etc..

4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    not a bad idea, but i can see a lot of potential problems:
    1. it's a major time commitment. how many people are willing to commit so much time for free?
    2. finding a qualified analyst in the tournaments local language is harder than you think. you need a professional, not an enthusiastic fan.
    3. you cannot commentate a match while moderating a chat room because the game is too fast.
    the solution is finding and building a dedicated professional team for free.

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    1. for major tournaments, i am thinking about just three or four per year, eg All England, Thomas/Uber/Sudirman Cup, WC/OLY and SS Finals. Three or four weekends per year wouldnt be a major commitment for most people. I don't think it is very hard to find a few good coaches who are willing to do it for free.

2. i was thinking about any English-speaking coaches anywhere in the world would be ok. They need not be inside the stadium or even in the same city as the tournament.

3. yeah, but the commentator does need to read and comment on the tournament threads here at BadmintonCentral (or the chatroom), which is the whole point of my idea.