Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Badminton in Da Nang?

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by Dogbert, May 1, 2014.

1. Dogbert

Dogbert Regular Member

I will be visiting relatives in Da Nang in a few months. It's a three weeks vacation, which is a lot of time to kill, so I'm wondering if there is any place to play badminton in Da Nang while I'm there. Also, my Vietnamese is pretty bad so if I will be welcome to play there.

2. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    Generally speaking the badminton facilities in Vietnam are terrible. In Hanoi at one of the "top clubs" it was a greenish carpet overlayed on cement, and ppl would throw their cigarette butts on the court. Terrible for your knees

3. Dogbert

Dogbert Regular Member

Ah I see. I've been spoiled by playing in the US gyms for so long that I forgot what it might be like elsewhere. I guess it's best to skip playing in VN while on vacation there since I prefer not to pick up an injury while I'm there. Thanks for the warning.