Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

badminton racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by theschnooche, Apr 15, 2007.

1. theschnooche

theschnooche New Member

concrete worker/student
    i am looking for a racket recommendation. i am an intermediate player who recently returned to badminton which i had played in my younger years. i am 16 and have been laying fanatically for about 6 months. i am looking for a racket to suit doubles. my style of play relies heavily on smashes and a fast hand returning drives and the opponent's smashes. i am currently playing with a yonex isometric 75 mf light. my general price range for such a racket is $90-$150 canadian. i live in regina, saskatchewan, canada. could you please give me some advice. if i have done this poorly your comments would be appreciated also because this is my first post.

2. Leviathon

Leviathon Regular Member

It seems like you can do-it-all :) I would get a mid-range MP, like 77 maybe (excellent do-it-all racket). Maybe you can look into non-Yonex too.

3. RED&WHITE

RED&WHITE Regular Member

Student
    Do you know where to buy good racket in regina?

4. theschnooche

theschnooche New Member

concrete worker/student
    rackets in regina

well if you're looking for rackets, there's a few places that you can go, but not a lot of places have very good selection. i'd recommend sportcheck, they've usually got a sale of some sort or other on, so you can get top quality rackets for cheap. if you're looking for something a lot pricier that you would be better off ordering, go to the fieldhouse. apart from that, if you're looking for a high-quality racket, you're probably better off to just order from somewhere.

5. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

the most expensive rackets arent top end rackets. The most expensive racket they have there is prob only a mid range racket. I suggest getting and armortec 500 its a good racket. and itll last u quite a while and it'll suit ur style that youve given above..

6. RED&WHITE

RED&WHITE Regular Member

Student
    I go around sport store all around Regina today, they don't seem to have any high end racket

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Actually Sport Check sells stuff for rip off prices.

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

Finance
    Did you find a racket allready treschnooche? I would go for the AT 900 technique or NS 9000 S. Both offensive and stiff rackets.

Does anyone understand how there can be different weight ranges for the same racket? I mean where is the weight added compared to the lighter variant?? :confused:

9. RED&WHITE

RED&WHITE Regular Member

Student
    Yeah sporcheck suck, you can buy cheaper MP23 at sportmart

10. bry172

bry172 Regular Member

also just cause it the most expensive they carry doesnt mean its a high end racket. large sports retailers normally dont carry the high end racket because theres not demand. if u want a mid- high end racket look for a badminton store. or the clubs in your area may hav pro shops.

11. RED&WHITE

RED&WHITE Regular Member

Student
    ill sell my AT900T if you still looking for racket

12. Brandon D

Brandon D New Member

Part time job
    If your looking for a Higher end racquet i suggest ordering it but if you want to stay in a Mid Price range look for a Nanospeed 100 or so or a Lower end Arcsaber. I would be willing to sell my Arcsaber 10 for a decent price because my Z-slash is on its way

13. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Yeah agreed, and they don't even cater to high end rackets. The most decent racket I've seen from them is the AT 250 which is $80:eek:
    If you can find a shop in and around of Regina that's a good start. Then compare those prices with online shops around the net. Heck, ask your parents to buy you it online, then pay them back;)