Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Badminton ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by rainbow, Oct 5, 2005.

1. rainbow

rainbow Regular Member

Jun 13, 2005
    I don't remember exactly how I found this site but it was a while back. Now, I visit almost everyday and am very appreciative of all the useful info. contributed unselfishly by its members.

As a slightly better than beginner player, I am in awe of how much there is still to learn about this sport. It really humbles me to see recreational players and even celebrity taking this sport so seriously. I used to play just for the exercise....(fitness training alone is too boring), now I find myself looking up ways to improve my game (I have).

My first exposure to badminton was when about 7-8 years old. It was just hitting the feather shuttle back and forth; no net, outdoors and on the driveway of my grandparent's house.

Then my sister and I worked a part-time job at a gas station and they happened to have a paved lot next to it. We play there after work with some friends on less windy days. It was still outdoors but this time we've upgraded to playing with a net.

In high school, I played tennis more than badminton. My sister went into track and field and excel in it. I didn't play badminton again until into my 30's. Really happy to be back again. Badminton is my one and only love from here on. When I get old and can't run around the court anymore, I'll take up wheelchair badminton:D