Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Badminton string squash

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by darkwingduck, Nov 1, 2008.

1. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    Hi

Using a squash racket can help you increase your arm strength. Is i possible to use badminton strings for a squash racket? I think they are more optimal for the shuttles.

2. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

I was thinking of the other way round, i was wondering if i could string squash strings on a badminton racket, maybe the thinnest squash strings around to make hitting with the training racket harder.

3. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    no, its not worth it, don't bother, just train with how it is. or dont, use a badminton racket with badminton strings

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It works ok to string a squash racket with badminton strings..

I actually did that a few years ago, when I had a bet with a player that I could beat him even using a squash racket :)

To up my advantage i restrung the squash racket with real badminton strings, and won the game :)

But I would rather reccomend to get a heavy 140-150g badminton training racket and use badminton strings instead.. much nicer to train with...

/Twobeer

5. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Don't you find that your timing goes when you move from the heavier to lighter racket?

If i get use to my 3u AT900T and change to a 4u AT900T then my smash timing goes out the window...