Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Badminton Training Racket

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by xXDjFrostyXx, Oct 6, 2012.

1. xXDjFrostyXx

xXDjFrostyXx Regular Member

Student
    I went and played at the University of Waterloo the other day, and the players on the varsity team are give rackets with plastic on the frame. Its similar to having a racket cover on just the frame.

With the training racket, they are supposed to practice their swing and if they do it correctly it should make a sound. The sound is like a boom and a woosh combined. I've been playing badminton for about 3-4 years now and learned pronation, wrist snap and all of that... however i could barely make the sound.

Does anyone have/know of a video where they demonstrate it or could give me more insight and reasoning behind this type of training and how it's done
    :)

2. captaincook

captaincook Regular Member

captain
    They may have exaggerated their swings - with follow through - for practice. See if you can film it with your phone and post the clip.

3. xXDjFrostyXx

xXDjFrostyXx Regular Member

Student
    Unfortunately I won't be in town to record it... however he did mention he was exaggerating his swing, but even then, with or without that exaggeration, i couldn't even get close.