Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Bay Area 24 hr Badminton...when will it happen?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 21, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    San Gabriel Valley Badminton club is 24 hrs. I see now that Bellevue Badminton Club up in Washington is also 24 hrs with 24x7 cardkey access. Can I ask why no badminton club in the bay area has started the 24 hr access yet? :crying: I'm still rooting for 24 hr badminton on Friday and Saturday nights :p

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the restrictions for getting a permit often dictates how late a business can be open to the public. if i remember correctly, one of the local gym owners told me that they are supposed to be close by 11pm due to their permit. i presume unless the owner have applied for 24hr operation, they won't be able to easily switch to 24hrs.

3. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yeah... that i know. cupertino has a no 24 hr business (no negotiations). milpitas (smash city) can have 24 hr business cuz landess has 24 hr burger king, 24 hr pho hoa, 24 hr...something else. but i guess it is a lot more expensive to get a 24 hr business license. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: no 24 hr badminton in bay area ever?

4. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Maybe on your next birthday wish or christmas wish, otherwise, keep on dreaming.....:D :D :D

5. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    I would take a vacation to that '24 hour' gym in the bay area if it ever happened. But it is interesting to see if anyone will follow SGVBC's example of making a badminton gym that's open for 24 hours a day. I hope it happens sometime in the near future.

6. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    It'd be cool if BC opened one XD

7. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    yeah... go bc... open 24 hr ;) or u can take over their business (which ever bay area club) after they close for the day and give them a certain percentage of the profit :rolleyes: yeah... i'm dreaming... oh well :p

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i'm wondering...

...if there is/are community/city up in NorCal which will allow a badminton gym or let alone a business to operate 24-hrs???...It's a bit strange to think that there is/are none..:confused: ..If there is & they open one up, i wonder what effect(s) will that have on the other already established gyms??..Will the 24-hr one gain more customer??..:confused:

9. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    it might, but i doubt it will gain that much more cuz it would be mostly fanatics that would be there at that time. most of their customers i doubt are fanatics. and even if fanatics... i think u'd only attract fanatics within about 1 hr drive from the target point.

10. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    There are actually a lot of places that allow 24/7. It's just about location, most of these places are in warehouse districts that are away from freeways and stuff.