Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Bay area badminton place via public transportation

Discussion in 'USA West' started by aznphi1osopher, Aug 7, 2004.

1. aznphi1osopher

aznphi1osopher Regular Member

hello , im new to the forum, and well i cant really drive yet, so i was wondering if anybody knows the public transportation routes to places to play in the bay area , ive gone to pleasonton and san jose state a couple of times, and durin the school year bret harte, but its summer and its not open yet. i would like to visit and see other players ie. players who play at westmoor, ucsf south san franciscio etc etc. however i dont have a ride to those places, and i was hopin if somebody knows how to get to those places via public transportation.

and also , some places that have been missed, but are also great places for badminton for levels intermediate and above is Bret hart middle school in oakland , and lincoln recreational center in oakland china town. bret hart is on fridays from 5-9 i think (o_O) havent been dare in a while , its summer and all. and lincoln is tuesdays and thursday from 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm. lincoln is free, but u gota pay for bret hart. $2 for adults, $1 for students.

2. SandyYeung

SandyYeung Regular Member

I only know how to take you to UCSF or USF in San Franciso area.
    To UCSF: If you coming from oakland area, take BART and get off at Powell station, then take #6 bus to Parnassus ave direction. Or Get off at embarcadero station and then take N-Judah to Ocean beach direction.........then get off at UCSF parking lot. Take the elevator to level I should take you to the Gym.
    To: USF- same method.......Take BART and get off at Powell and then walk up couples blocks to Greay Blvd.......then take #38 bus to ocean beach direction........get off at Arugello (I think).......walk up two or three blocks should get you there........hope this info would help you abit.........if there's a mistake, feel free to fill-in for me :)

3. aznphi1osopher

thank you sandy ^_^ , im gona try to make it dis week or next week.

4. aznphi1osopher

anybody knows the ucsf and usf gym times? and alot of people talk about south sf high , where is dat exactly =/