Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Been having some back pain. Should I stop training for awhile?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by magicfarts, May 3, 2014.

1. magicfarts

magicfarts New Member

student
    Well, I have been having lower right back pain since last week on Sunday after my 4 hour consecutive playing session. I usually have 2 hour training sessions on Monday and Thursday, and a 3 hour training session on Saturday, and on Sunday I play casually for 4 hours. But after last week's play session, my lower right back started to hurt. The pain is especially sharp when I inhale a deep breath, bend down, turn my body body around, and during my smashes and overheads. The pain started on Sunday so I did not go to training the following Monday and Thursday and the pain in my back was 90% healed on Friday and I could barely feel any more pain, so I resumed training on Saturday (today). But after I finished training today, the pain in my back returned. I was wondering what should I do that will help. I was thinking I should stop training for 3 weeks and resume after that, or should I just continue training, but I'm not sure so I decided to ask you kind people in tue forums. Oh, and an extra question, if I don't feel any pain in my back, does it mean its fully healed? Or the injury is still there and I just can't feel it until I start training? If so, how long will it take to completely heal and I can resume training like normal? I'm 15 and I use a Voltric Z-Force 2 if that helps. Please reply as soon as possible, thanks to all of you in advance.

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Ah I'm
    Just like you! I'm 15 and using the voltric z force 2 & arcsaber z slash. Every week I play 10 hours+ and I get a lot of back pain from jump smashing and stuff like that, just take a break trust me it will stop, but if the problem persists goto a doctor to check it out! Good luck.

3. magicfarts

magicfarts New Member

student
    Thanks for the advice. But for it to completely heal, how long do you think I should stop training?

4. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Try a week and a half or two weeks :) don't stress your body out

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I had my first low back pain 2 years ago. It persisted for 2 months, thus i completely ceased badminton activity for 4 months. Then it gone away until last week i forced myself doing jump smash throughout the tournament (R32, R16, QF, SF, & F)..all in 1 day. I won the tournament but unfortunetely now have to lie back on my bed for few days. I believe it'll take me about 3-4 week rest before able to resume badminton again.