Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

BEST final in many years

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by BMcentral, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Off Topic... sorry

:cool: Actually, I didn't think played that well against PG that time :p I thought he looked slower in that match :rolleyes: but credits to PG for winning it ;) :) after that, LD will never lose to PG! :D ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Peter Gade will beat Lin Dan at least one more time someday... Mark my words:cool::D:D I hope Gade will win the match with his special deceptive net shot...hahaha...:p

3. event

event Regular Member

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. While there are now many recreational players, this is completely irrelevant to the quality of the nation's elite players. As evidence, consider that there was next to no recreational interest and few indoor clubs when Park Joo-bong started winning international tournaments in the early 1980s. Probably over 90% of recreational players took up the game at around age 30. If anything it is the success of the elite system that feeds the recreational game by providing top-notch coaches to the nation's clubs. There is very little impact the other way around. The increasing number of recreational players means more revenue for sponsors such as Yonex and Victor but that is only beginning to be significant and does not account for the historical quality of the Korean team.

4. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, that will happen in Copenhagen Master the end of this month where winning/losing does not have any impact on the world ranking :) Peter will beat Lin Dan in round robin and lose to Lee Chong Wei in the Final :D

5. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    You don't know the facts or you just distort it on purpose. The winner between Lindan, KJ and Roslin will meeting the winner between LCW, PG, and Simon in the final.

So if you predict Peter beat Lindan in the final, then LCW must have already lost to Peter.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Not so sure here.Would you call the LD vs TH WC and SO finals great matches? LD lost pathetically;there was no fight at all. And it wasn't cos of exhaustion(in WC as claimed by some) for LD had a normal route in the SO. LD lost out of sheer fear of TH. But the good news is LD no longer fear TH so, yes, you are right when you refer to matches after the losses to TH.

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Not yet

Yes, I remember this .The semis were so good they made the final look so bad.Gruelling means very tiring, very exhausting.The QF and SF were gruelling but not the final.Both LD and LHI were so half dead (actually LHI was already spent by PG but he won the semi cos he was very smart;he tricked PG into many errors.) the final turned out lame.But credit to LD on this one. Altho he was unusually bandaged up, he managed to outlast LHI.Sheer courage and determination.I used to be a LD fan. I thought I would be a LD fan again but no, it did not change my mind. But I'm happy LD is playing at a higher level now, thanks to LCW.
    However, I'll modify it a bit to : If LD meets three top 16 players consecutively, he will lose the third match. Yes, now you 've proven me wrong altho' it will probably be the only one.
    But the 'gruelling' challenge remains to be seen.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LYB made sure of that. Let me give you some examples.
    1. CH losing to LD by giving him a Walkover(!) in MO 05 QF.
    2. Fake match with CJ losing to LD in MO06 SF
    3. Fake match with CJ losing to LD in TPO 06 SF
    etc ,there are many more examples . Just pore through the history of LD titles. Embark on this journey of discovery and see if you will emerge still a LD fan.Be brave.

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Web Developer
    Ah I see. Then it sure is a great thing that they have done so well at this AG (considering how almost "unbeatable" China is currently) :). Did it get much coverage in Korea (the team silver)?

10. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

You forget Taufik. I do not know how and when TH got hooked up with LYB. But it is so obvious that LYB arranged him to give several matches to LD so that LD could save some energy. I am so fed up with such fake matches.

11. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

and you forgot to mention PG.
    LYB asked PG to keep losing to LD so that LD can grasp the title.
    and LCW also. so that LD can get the MO, TWO and HKO.

what's the logic: if someone beats his teammate, that is a surely fake match?

what about KJ? he always loses to PG in almost every game. prearranged also?

12. _MyST_Spring

_MyST_Spring Regular Member

:D great said...

13. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    lol but still that match was exciting no matter whether or not Peter wil beat Lin Dan again

14. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Off-topic

I think he's too old now :p sorry ;) :( his deceptive net shot? The one when he hit a backhand crosscourt netshot under his arm :rolleyes: :D

sorry, I'll have no more off-topic posts in this thread :D

15. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Wah! I like that! Amen.. :D

16. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Oops! Didn't see this one. Sorry! :p

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    You don't understand, do you...

Using your examples:

IF CH, CJ's opponents beat them prior to their meeting with LD, then could LYB have done anything about the match results??? I highly doubt it, but CH, CJ's opponents could not do it in the first place... so is it LD's fault that he once again got to play his teammates, and LYB possibly had control over the match results???

It's not LD's fault that he always get to play his own teammates, when other countries' players are helpless against them.. instead of complaining so much about LYB controlling results of matches, try beating his players so there will never be another CHN vs CHN semi, or finals...:eek::p

By the way, Taufik gave LD more walkover then anyone else...
    1.HKO 06
    2. world cup 06

so does LYB has something to do with it??? Taufik afraid of LYB "breaks his legs"???

#37 bananaboy, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  18. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I am just joking about that it... not like LD is going to be fooled by it unless he gets totally frustrated or something...:p