Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Best String & Tension for Carbonex 20

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mongoose, Jan 16, 2001.

1. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I just bought a Carbonex 20 SP and strung it with BG80 at 23 lbs. I find that the strings move alot during the game and feel very loose. I would also prefer a higher pitched sound at contact. What could be a better alternative for the string and tension? What string makes a high pitch sound? What is a good tension for a Carbonex 20?

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I switched from BG80 to BG68-Ti a while ago. I have been told that the BG68-Ti is the same as BG80 with a titanium addition, but their performance is rather different. After some minor initial problems, things have now fallen into place. The BG68-Ti feels much harder than the BG80 strung at the same tension. I have mine at 24 lbs, and it gives a lot of power and repulsion. Plus, BG68-Ti has a very high pitched sound, almost metallic. It sings!

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    BG85 @ 24-25lbs