Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Best value shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Brett, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Brett

Brett Regular Member

My club uses Yonex Mavis 350 nylon shuttles, but it seems that most tournaments use feather shuttles, so I would like to buy a dozen feather shuttles to practice with once in a while (the only time I used feather shuttles was in a tournament and I was astonished by the difference between feather and nylon shuttles, regularly hitting the feather shuttle 1-2' out on clears.

I am looking for a low cost, high durability shuttle and I would like to know which budget priced bird any of you would recommend. I have looked at the shuttle reviews, but it appears that many of the brands and/or models may not be readily available in the U.S.

Thanks.

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Well...for tournaments, the best there is are the Yonex Aerosena 50's. Please keep in mind that a tube of these shuttles comes to around like $21-$28 depending various vendors. But if cost is your main issue, try the HL champions and the Tronex yellow at shuttlecock.com for about $14/dozen. If you want to save even more money, try the Cadoro Nice. They are only $9.50/dozen.

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Hi guys,

I tried Victor's Silver Practice shuttlecocks. It cost $14.00 Canadian for a tube of a dozen but doesn't last a few hits!!! And yes, its speed is very fast and travels very far compared with the Marvis 350 Nylon shuttlecock. I will go for the Victor's Blue shuttlecockcs next time but costs $17.00 Canadian. Just to share some info with you guys.

4. justin

justin Guest

Try RSL if you can find them in US/Canada. It is very lasting. We average about 1 shuttle per game (15 points with a lot of smashing). The best by far.

5. jenny

jenny Guest

I recommend the best shuttlecocks I have ever played with: Sosan (black, tournament shuttles) they are even better than RSL they last for a long time and you hit the best smashes and clears with this exellent shuttlecock!!!

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Yes, I agree. RSL Tourney are excellent value for money. We use them always. Fukuda is also a good budget brand.

7. Thomas

Thomas Guest

For quality, durability, performance and value for money, I recommend RSL No.1 Tourney (Green & Gold tube) and YANG YANG 300B. Both shuttlecocks are approved by Iinternational Badminton Federation (IBF) for international play. The 300B are on par to Yonex Aerosensa 50 which cost a bomb.

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    How do 'Victor Master Ace', 'Victor Master No.1', 'Li Ning A300' & Yonex AeroSena 50' compare in terms of speed?