Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

best way to improve your game, not racket, nor your smash.....

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kwun, Jun 23, 2003.

1. lurker

lurker Regular Member

One lol bit tht improved my footwork and shots immensely was body balance/stance.

Just by keeping my other hand up to balance out the movement

s_mair likes this.
  2. Lasitha Menaka

Lasitha Menaka Regular Member

i agree to your lesson foot work is a basic thing and it,s really important

3. snejainth

snejainth Regular Member

quality engieer
    there are many youtube videos and that teach 8 ways foot work , i would suggest to start with that along with ur buddy.

4. idofgrahf

idofgrahf Member

I have found the best way to improve your game quickly (assuming you are competent with the basics) is to watch professional tournaments. Watch not for their technique which is often times too fast without slow motion capture and the average player is not going to duplicate it easily, but for their strategy, where they are hitting the shuttle, how they are maneuvering the other side etc. Techniques like reverse backhand slice, backhand clearing cross court, backhand smash, fake shots etc and footwork, these takes considerable time and effort, to the tune of a few hundred practice shots a day for months on end, but you can formulate strategy faster and this is probably the fastest way to improve your game. Ideally, you would want to have the entire rally planned out, where do I want to drop, where to smash, when to smash, when to over head etc before the shuttle is served. I had beaten players who are my betters in both technique and footwork, because they were too predictable, always drops cross court, always puts it on the net when receiving a drop etc. Besides that, I don't think footwork is any more important than techniques, you need both in equal measures, your shot is going to be poor quality if you cant position yourself right or if you don't have the skill to hit it right.

5. John Hope

John Hope New Member

my smash bother me a lot,。。