Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

BG 85 vs the rest

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Cheung, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Anybody try any other strings that play the same as BG85 but last longer? It doesn't have to be yonex strings.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haven't found any yet. tried bg68Ti. i think the control is worse than bg85. and they are similarly thick so longevity won't be that much different..

you have a stringing machine already, why bother? bg85 is only HK$45, isn't it?

3. May

May Guest

I dunno, but does BG85 or BG80 last longer???? Which one has more repellent power????

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    BG85 has more power but BG80 lasts longer.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Have tried BG68 Ti but don't like it very much. In fact, I found that all Ti strings (except BG88Ti, since I haven't tried it) are not good to me - they seem to be relatively hard and do not provide enough "elasticity" (is it the right word ?).

6. May

May Guest

I think I will stick with BG 85 4 the time being. I need the power.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Curious as to wether there is a more resiliant string around. And I can't be bothered to go around trying all the different strings on the market.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Cheung,

Try the Gosen Roots(regular) string, it last longer than BG85 and 80. You just have to tighen a string up 1/2 pound becuase the string stretches a bit more. The power is about equivalent to a BG-85 and 80.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Thanks. I had wondered about Gosen but didn't want to buy the whole range. Will hunt aroound for it.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well a badminton specialty store recommended me to try it out after I came in within half a month for about two to three times comming into replace my BG-80 string which kept breaking apart in a short perorid of time for me. I have tried Roots for a long time and so far it has not broken that easily. I would say it would have a very good durability.

The string comes in three colors, white, purple and yellow. I like this string becuase it's made of synthetic gut for the great poping sound on impact =) It's also .68mm too.

11. David

David Guest

How about trying Gosen Tec-Gut-Tour. It has good an excellent resiliency. Gosen came out with couple new strings (Aermet, Alan & Susi Special, Gosen GS-88 Tungsten, .... ). I have not try them yet and hope to try the Aermet next week.

David

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes I did hear that the Aermet is very good. Unfortunately it has not arrived in Canada yet so I have no idea how it feels. Gosen Tec-Gut-Tour is very good as well but the badminton store rep told me not to get it because it would not last long if I used them using plastic birds. I'll stick with roots for now =)