Brave Sword 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jayssen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    This was the BS10 (HK Version) that I had but sold it a few weeks ago. As said before, the stiffness (on the scale) is as stiff as the SW35.

BS10.jpg

2. amirru

amirru Regular Member

engineer
    Hi Victors fan,

being studying the BS10 & BS11 this few weeks n looks like im gonna buy one of this racket.. Bro Aspire, may i know how much is the BS10&11 selling at your place?? Thanks inadvance..

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Give Eric at RKEP / Squash_mart a email if you're after a BS11. The BS10's he has are identical to the BS11's so not worth getting IMHO.

4. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

Mine is SG coded on the shaft.....bottom cap is blue with "Taiwan"...

Stiffness indicated on the shaft is almost near to highest stiffness....like the HK version...

#104 cephas_chan, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. cephas_chan

cephas_chan Regular Member

BS10 vs BS11....more or less the same except for the flex....BS11's more, BS10's less....even pricing is the same....the "tarik" effect of this racket is one of the fastest (based on swinging down the racket in a smashing motion & then PULL it up to standby (up-right) position)....less demanding on your deltoid muscle...save energy for more powerful smashes & games. To me, it's even balanced with original + replacement grips...it might be head heavy slightly if the original grip is removed.

6. super64

super64 Regular Member

bag manufacturer, beverage distributions
    i bought one last week wow my game changed alots . my cross maneuvers coming from net area with shuttle near my knee portion alomost close to net crossing over tightly . my smash gained power , my net drives is so quick and powerful . my clears changed alot . my drops and shuttle control changed alot . All praises for this racket underrated but for me its more than outstanding and the swish sound feels so nice ! i strung it with 4 knots yonex nanogy 95 at 26lbs. with a 4u grip and an anti slip RKEP racket expert over grip . Powerful sword !

7. HardSmasher

HardSmasher Regular Member

Senior Engineer
    I just got my first Victor, Brave Sword 10 3UG2 last night,my last racquet was copied NS7700, well, haven't try the sword in court yet, next game schedule will be later today, I have removed out the original grip, strapped with thick rubbery sponge type. Stringing it with YY BG85 at 26.5lbs. First feeling of holding it is great, feel it head heavy, but no effort swinging the racquet forehand and backhand as from the design build in that helps to cut through the air easily, and the sound of air cutting is quite fantastic.."suew" sound. Will share the experience after having playing with it later. Meanwhile, looking forward to Japan Open matches of Lin Dan vs Lee CW and Cai Y/Fu Hf vs Koo KK/Tan BH in 2.5 hours later. Live the game!

8. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    Well, had played for the 3rd times, adapting to it....this racquet provide a powerful smash, mostly 1 time could kill my opponent compare to my previous racquet..may take few shots.....One the return shot, still need to adjust to the correct force applied, few shots hit the net during play. Backhand control is better and with better push.
    Although initially from the frame that looks slim, but the smash and push is good, as I always believe wide frame with more mass will provide better kill, anyway with BS10 frame, it proves me wrong, basically with the design of slightly heavier head, this could execute the kill that is desired and not affecting your backhand control due to less resistance. Still need few practises to get in line with this gadget.

9. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

i may be talking rubbish here, but in general, BS10 does not provide as much smash power as the AT900T and AT700. I know this as i have these racquets.

if some of you guys experienced greater smashing power, then i guess its because your smash swing suits BS10. BS10 is very light and quick, does not feel as head heavy as AT900T, thus you dont get the "hammer" feel on your smash. Its a good racquet though, don't get me wrong, aptly suited for fast doubles play. its the quickest racquest i've come across, just that i find it alot harder to kill off with my smashes.

i seem to get alot more smash returns from my opponents using BS10. Lesser on AT900T, and the fewest with the AT700. i dont normally use AT700 though as my wrist is not strong enough and i get pain after a session with it.

10. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    Ksquared, what is the string type & tension u apply on your BS10 and AT900T?

11. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

i use bg66 sharp and 26lbs for both. sometimes 25lbs

12. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    if you are using thicker string at higher tension, it is different.
    bg66 will feel "dead" at higher tension, im using bg85 at 26.5lbs.
    with thicker string(0.67 - 0.7mm), it will also increase the racquet weight for the kill.

#112 HardSmasher, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  13. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

BG66 Sharp is not the normal BG66 its thickness is .68 same as bg80

14. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    confuse naming, is this a yonex product as well, any website with the bg66 sharp info, i never come across in an official yonex website.

15. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

It's a JP string. You can find out from JP website.

Very much like bg 85 but longer lasting. I used to use bg85 but at 26lbs, breaks too easily for me.

16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Today I bought a bravesword 10 at the shop, which has my full trust. Strung after buy with VS 850 @ 24 lbs. Can't wait to test it.

JD520089.JPG JD520091.JPG JD520098.JPG JD520103.JPG JD520090.JPG JD520097.JPG JD520101.JPG JD520105.JPG

17. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

congrats!

if you are concerned with chipping of the paint, please do not scoop up the shuttle with the racket (i normally do that rather than pick it up by hand). i did that and the gold paint came off after a few times.

18. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    cool! welcome to the club :) that depend where you scoop the shuttle, i think from wooden floor is ok but not advisable from cement:), but without this practise of scooping, is like loosing some feel of the game. but maybe initially will the pain,like when you are getting a new car, maybe after 3 months, scratches on the racquet will not bring much impact then, the bag that i get is different, bigger bag(medium), anyway thanks for sharing.

19. HardSmasher

Senior Engineer
    today...totally mastered the BS10, very good equipment, an all rounders that help you to execute all plan and strategy in the court. In summary, this is a superb racquet for doubles.

#119 HardSmasher, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  20. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    In my opinion, BS10 is a seriously underrated racquet. I still can't believe how few players have tried a Victor racquet, especially BS10.

I gave it a 5 star rating because it's by far the best non Yonex racquet I have tested this year. The price is good and I believe more club and league players need to seriously try these racquets to find out how good they are.

Well done Victor for producing such brilliant racquets.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk