Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Buying Yonex Shoes.... Please help!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by kaisterkai, Jun 27, 2013.

1. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Good day

Like the titles suggest, I am thinking of getting a new pair of shoes...

At the moment I have 3 pairs in mind:

1) Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold) ($40-00)

2) Yonex SHB 92MX Badminton Shoes (Black-yellow) ($72-00)

3) Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white) ($84-00)

(Please note, the price tags are +/- )

The reason why the: Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold), is so cheap it's because it's on special...

Now the thing is.. I asked my friends about which shoes and about shoes.. and... most of them didn't really care about shoes, but anyway, there was one that knew a bit more about badminton, and he suggested that I stay away from the: Yonex SHB SC2EX Badminton Shoes (Black-Gold), because it's a "squash" shoe... and the sole is stiff and not good and all...

And that I should either choose the Yonex SHB 92MX Badminton Shoes (Black-yellow) or the Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white) ...

Okay, I can afford any one of them (have to save up for the top 2).. But I was thinking.. is it really necessary to buy the TOP one,(Yonex SHB 01MX Badminton Shoes (Red-white)
    )

So i am very unsure about the shoes...

If anyone can provide some kind of guidelines that would be great :)

Thanks in advance

2. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    I think I would go for #2/#3 because I know they have great traction,cushion, and injury prevention. Not too sure about #1. But the difference between #2 and #3 is more of preference of manoeuvring. The advertisement for #2 is lighter and has better injury prevention. But I do not think the difference is huge.

Overall, I think I would go for #2 just because it is cheaper and the specifications are about equal with #3.

Sorry don't know much about #1.

3. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    Hey man

Thanks for the reply

Kk cool thanks

Yeah, I was thinking about getting the second one, but being really like specific, the #3 has those two tri-angles at the lateral side of the foot.

Which seems attractive enough :p

But thanks anyway :D