Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Cab-10 Tour alternative?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ukwomble, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ukwomble

ukwomble New Member

Hello all,

I've been using a Carbonex 10 Tour for several years now, and I'm very happy with it. Very manouverable and good control. BG-65 string.

My "backup" (ex primary) is a Ti-5 - one of the original ones - which I now despise. It has more power, but I find it extremely lacking in feel and precision, especially when defending. Like playing with a wooden pole. When the strings break on my cab10 I am really in trouble :)

Prior to this I had a Ti-6 Long (until someone whacked it), but thats so long ago and my play has changed so much since then that I can't really comment on it.

I'm looking for some recommendations on a backup / second racquet. I have recently tried a victor Thunder 1114 (didn't like the feel of this) and a Yonex 97VF (too flexible, and I lacked power with it).
    • I'm a borderline B/C level player, depending on the weather :rolleyes:
    • I am not a power player, and almost exclusively play doubles.
    • I want something with similar control to the cab-10T, but wouldn't mind trying something a *little* more power oriented. Key is not to sacrifice manouverability significantly.
    • I suspect I should stay with an oval head shape rather than switching back and forwards (maybe this is one reason I didn't get on with the 97VF?).
    Comments much appreciated, especially from other Cab 10 T fans.

Thanks.

2. ukwomble

ukwomble New Member

Bump: no current/former cab-10 tour users ...?

3. SPaterson

SPaterson Regular Member

Student, Programmer
    *shrugs*, No idea personally of what a Cab-10 Tour is like, but there is a current Cab-10 Muscle/MS out as a current racquet in Yonex's lineup, at least in the UK it is anyway.

e.g. http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/...490_Yonex+Carbonex+10+Muscle+Power+=283893=29

Head light balance, 2U weight, stiff shaft etc.

- If you're looking for a racquet with More power, as you say, you might just want to try another string, reading the tension and string threads on this forum (if you do a search) might be of interest to you.

Other than that, in terms of racquets, if you want to keep the head-light balance If that's what the Cab-10 Tour also Is, then there's the rather expensive Nano speed series from Yonex, or their Carbonex 30 MS I believe is head-light, and classic head shape.

I'm guessing the old Cab 10 was 2U aswell? so a 3U even balance racquet may provide more power, without sacrifising the manouverability because it's lighter. (the Cab 30 MS is 3U, in most places, I think there's a 2U version of it available, read the review section on this racquet if you wish.)

Since I don't actually know anything about that specific racquet, the Cab 10 Tour, I can't really comment much other than what I've already said.