Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

1. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Hi Folks, So i've been watching Cai Yun's service and i've noticed he sometimes does this thing where he holds the shuttle and racket in a serving position and moves his upper body left to right; sort of in a scanning motion, just before serving it. The action looks odd and was just wondering if it's legal or not? I don't think he's been called out on it or anything, or even if there is anything to be called out on... Anyways I was just wondering if it's legal to move like that before serving?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, completely legal. His feet are stationary on the ground and do not move. Boe sometimes serves like this too.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    Lars Paaske used to swivel like a weathervane before serving - again, completely legal:D.

4. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

There is nothing against the rules for moving your racket sideways. You can move sideways and forward at the same time also.