Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Camera for filming some badders?

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by BazMCG, Nov 6, 2011.

1. BazMCG

BazMCG New Member

Night Shifts in Asda
    Hey all, First post here after finding this forum after endless searching for an answer to my question. Hope you can help :)

Basically I live in the UK and I am currently seeking a nice camera/camcorder so I can capture some footage of myself playing (trouble shoot that backhand) and our local club :)

I searched now for a few days looking for help but many of the peoples responses actually offer very little useful information but I am hoping you guys can help me out. Budget would be around £200 sterling so that's about $320 USD.

I wont rush into buying anything and want to be confident with the purchase. I have looked at the Pana hdc SD40, anyone used it before to record a game?

Anyway thanks for reading :)

Baz

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    have you considered getting a point&shoot camera that also record videos?

i have a canon SD4000IS which can do 240fps video which is wonderful for slow motion analysis. i have also recorded games with it and it works pretty well.

it doesn't have the bells and whistles of a proper camcorder but if your requirement is simply able to record badminton stuff, something similar will suffice.

3. BazMCG

BazMCG New Member

Night Shifts in Asda

Thanks mate, I had a look at it and it seems like a nice little camera! Was wondering if you had uploaded any footage of the slowmo or a game or both? Would love to see it in action :)

What do you think of that panasonic? And have you seen any footage of badders on a Zodak Playsport Zx5? They seem to be popular