Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Canary Shuttlecocks

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by weinsteinium, Feb 6, 2009.

1. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

Has anyone ever tried Canary shuttlecocks?

I can get the A-1 or Special Orange for a pretty good price but I wanted to see if anyone had used them before.

2. hhwoot

hhwoot Regular Member

Graduate Student
    Well, it looks like it's up to you to get a few tubes and tell us your review.:D

Ebay, I'm guessing?

3. weinsteinium

I bought a tube of the A1's. The feathers don't look that pretty but they flew well and the feathers were quite durable (I steamed them first). However they became non-round after a while like the cork wasn't as strong or something. They usually lasted a game which isn't terrible for $11 a dozen. I'm going to try the Special Orange and see how they fly.

4. badder

badder Regular Member

I bought something from the ebay but seller didn't have them, so instead, I received a tube of Canary A1 as compensation.

The shuttle is made in Vietnam. The feather does not look good. I only played two, hit some clears, didn't use for a game. Flight is OK. Durability seems OK as well. But the head feel numb, sound is not impressive. Good for recreation, certainly for tournament.

5. weinsteinium

The Special Orange are a big improvement. I bought a tube of them also and steamed them (they were pretty dry so I had to steam them a couple of times).

They don't deform the way the A1's did, I'm not really an expert on birdies but I'm guessing that they have a better head than the A1's (I think that that A1's have a fiberboard head instead of a cork head).

They seemed to be similar in quality to other birdies that people pull out (RSL tourney, Victor)

6. badder

badder Regular Member

My bad English, what I mean is "certainly not for tournament". I will use it for practice or warm up.

7. badder

badder Regular Member

I do have one (only one) Speical Orange, not in that tube, but outside as packing material, not sure why they do that. Just by looking, I hardly tell it would be any better than A1. I would not pay $14 to get that, rather pay $1 or 2 more to get something much better.

For RSL or Victor, they are very good if you talking about the brand.