Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Carlton Aerogear 800 fx information & racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon P, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Simon P

Simon P New Member

Telecommunications Engineer
    Hello,

I am looking for a back up racket to an old Carlton Aerogear 800 fx which I think is on its way out now.

I am 26 and have been playing badminton for 3 years 2 to 3 times a week. I play mostly doubles to an average standard and I have finally found a racket I really get on with. This was a second hand £20 impulse buy on ebay that i had re-strung @ 24lbs after using my dads Carlton aerogear 700fx.
    I know these rackets are going on 15 years old now but I really cannot find anything that feels as subtle/nimble that provides me with decent power.

Previous rackets have included:

Ashaway T5 - too head light
    Carlton Vapour Trail Tour (more ££ does not always = better) - feels like a cricket bat compared to the 800fx.
    Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash: (borrowed from a friend for a couple of games/days. I liked it but it still feels heavy?)

So I am really looking for any information on the Carlton Aerogear 800fx (around 1997 i think. lol) regarding flex, balance and weight so I can try and find a similar racket.

All help, Input and recommendations welcome.

Thank you

2. Simon P

Simon P New Member

Telecommunications Engineer
    118 views and no reply :crying:.

Ok then... Well, I think I am looking for a very light, stiff and head heavy racket. Any suggestions?

I can only come up with the Victor MX80 & AT900P at the moment. I would prefer a larger grip size too as I have rather large hands.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Ever thought of using a kitchen scale :D? The other two aspects seem to be quite stiff and headheavy indeed, which makes it surprising the Tour feels like a cricket bat. Measure the length as well, probably ~665mm if not distorted by stringing.
    If the 1000FX was described as "an astonishing 85gr. back then", it is not likely the 800FX will be lighter [​IMG]

#3 demolidor, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013