Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

changing grips

Discussion in 'Grip' started by GTO-demon, Nov 7, 2004.

1. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    hey~ here's a question i was always wondering about..... when changing grip do we have to take off the old grip?? like i mean if it's a new racuqet it should have like a leatherish grip on it...... and when we want to change it do we take it off or just leave it there and put a layer of other grips on it??

2. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

it a personally perference.For me,i take it out(it wood inside if im not wrong)
    You can chose not to take that out alothough i dun see any big change in grip size.(it still the same)

3. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    okay........ because i was just curious..... because none of my friends take the leather out...... i'm the only one that does......... :p

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You are the smart one; curiousity has many rewards. :D

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    thats like all my friends they just put on an overgrip but i just took of the stock yonex grip it was crap to begin with and then just regipped it with a forza grip and put on some yy super grap. i would say tht it is all about personal preference but personally i would rather somethig that has more cusion to it as undergrip than some thin piece of leather (if you cant tell im not a fan of leather grips) eh just do whats best i mean your always holding it when you play might as well make it feel great.

6. butch

butch Regular Member

For me. i retain the original grip. I feel it easy to have control on my racket if i have a somewhat big handle. I find tha racket heavy if it has a smaller grip. so i just add up another layer of the original grip.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You are not the only one, I do that, too. Because my hands are small, even G4 + overgrip is too large for me. :crying:

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is a difference in the two approaches: one getting it right in buying a racquet with a big grip, the other adding an overgrip to a smaller grip to make it bigger. The first approach gives you a perfect 8-sided beveled handle, the second a more rounded handle that does not give you the same control, even if the grips are of the same size in both cases. :D