Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

cheap and durable shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by stefanosx, Feb 21, 2013.

1. stefanosx

stefanosx Regular Member

student
    Hi,

I am looking for good shuttlecocks, good flight and durability, in price between 10-12 euros(12-16 dollars). i have use rsl practise, it's quite good but i am looking for something else.
    Anyone know any good brand and a good online shop to tell me???

2. 96382

96382 Regular Member

I dont know many of them, but the few Yonex AS10 that I played with lately positively surprised me. I can not say anything about general standard but with all the cheap shuttlecocks I know you are always going to have various compromises in quality as durability, stability in air, flightcurves and speed.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

I can recommend RSL Tourney No.4 @12€. I use them for training issues. A little bit more durable than AS10. Personally I would not go for too cheap shuttles. You don't save money. If you go for a more expensive birdie it would mostly last longer.
    An example: I can get AS10 at my club at 10€ per douzen. At my friends shop I can get AS40 for 20€. One role of AS40 last longer than 2 roles of AS10.
    Otherwise you are playing with beginners. They have the ability to kill every shuttle by not hitting correctly.

4. stefanosx

stefanosx Regular Member

student
    i am looking for a shuttle that will last at least one game, i made a search in the forum, and i find youhe s100 someone said that is similar to yonex as40. i only found it on badmintonian.com in 19$/tube.
    Is this shuttles good for their money?

5. chending

chending Regular Member

19 is alittle expensive

6. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

Is $19 in USD? Here the AS40 costs about $28/29.

7. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Finding cheap, durable shuttles is like trying to find rocking horse sh*t. You are better off spending a bit more otherwise you'll be making a small mountain of used and broken shuttles. :)