Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Chen Yufei (陳雨菲)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Feb 18, 2016.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Reasons to think that she is good: being the World Junior Champion for one, and not losing to any junior players for more than a year for another.

She is solid but not spectacular. To me, at this point, she does not look like someone who can reach the very top echelon but should be able to find a place in top 10 ranking.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Self-employed
    I think if Chen Yufei is temperamentally stable which she appears to be, and continues to be consistent in her shotmaking(neat and accurate but could improve on variation) and, importantly, able to inject pace often enough with maximum effect, I believe she can go far. Don't forget she's only 19, born 1st March, 1998, and still developing her game, maybe not completely out of the formative stage yet, so I'd say a sort of transformation is possible.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

My Girl did it. No one believed in her except me. I told you that she is a wonderkid but people made more fun of her than ever.

4. RedShuttle

It's almost unthinkable that AY can be out-resilient by another player. CYF showed some grit and did it.

CYF's mistake-free style may have unknown potential after all. I thought that she can be very good at capitalizing on opportunities when her opponents are not in top form, but CYF showed that she can take on a top opponent head-on.

5. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

IT
    I saw the game and felt that the coach played a big part in her victory......real good game plan.......disappointed the Japanese coaches and AY didn't or wasn't able to adjust during the game.....(not that I know what shud be done)....

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Self-employed
    Chen Yufei's giant-killing feat continues, today in R3, she disposed of the former WS WC, Intanon Ratchanok, who's also one of the frontrunners for the title at Glasgow.

Two remarkable feats in sensational fashion in consecutive days by a young, promising player just a year out of the junior circuit into the pro circuit and in her maiden performance at the world championships at Glasgow is the kind of stuff that makes sports headlines.

As it is, successfully making her way into the semifinals already guarantees the 19-year-old reigning world junior champion at least a bronze medal at the proper world championship level regardless the outcome tomorrow.

Nevertheless, as sweet dreams are made of this, who are we to say Chen Yufei is not to go all the way and wear the crown of Women's World Champion come Sunday ? Hope springs eternal, so let us wish Chen Yufei great success the next two days at Glasgow ! JIAYOU !

[​IMG]

dave010, pcll99 and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Self-employed
    As expected Chen Yufei's amazing run at the Glasgow WC2017 came to an abrupt end at the semifinals. However, while her loss to Sindhu is no surprise, the manner of her defeat is somewhat disconcerting to me.

CYF went down as badly as Chen Long did before her to Viktor Axelsen in humiliating fashion. Just as Chen Long couldn't get his game going inexplicably, nothing went right for him as much as it was his opponent playing superbly, the same applied to CYF as she gifted points like nobody's business, there was none of the flair she exhibited in previous rounds when she astoundingly took out in turn Akane and Intanon.

In fact, in that disastrous match with Sindhu, she was all at sea as if she had forgotten how to deal with a tall, fast attacking player with the height and reach, just as Chen Xiaoxin was seemingly clueless in dealing with Intanon's deceptiveness to run circles around her, completely outclassed as if CXX was not only in awe of the occasion but also of the famous opponent, the former world champion.

Nonetheless, Chen Yufei has already created sensations and caused quite a stir at Glasgow by her phenomenal feat as aforementioned. For such a talented young aspirant, it's natural to be inconsistent and have more ups and downs early on in the career. That's how they grow and mature as a player.

May Chen Yufei go from strength to strength in the coming years and scale greater heights. I wish Chen Xiaoxin the same.

dave010 likes this.
  8. RedShuttle

Once CYF started to make uncharacteristic mistakes, it was clear that it was not going to be her day. As the commentators remarked, she had never gone past quarter-finals at super series level tournaments. The gravity of what she had accomplished might have finally dawned on her and she was not her usual self in that match.

She definitely have raised eyebrows by beating AK and RI back to back at the World Championship. While I am still not convinced that she is the answer for Chinese WS, I will certainly be watching her more.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Self-employed
    Hearties congratulations to Chen Yufei for winning the Chinese National Games 2017 Women's Singles Championship !

For CHN players, the CNG is a big event, so it's considered her first major achievement. A huge boost to her confidence and inner belief. Way to go ! Jiayou !