Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

China new badminton brand Li-Ning

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jamiec269, May 12, 2009.

1. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

I know the china team are now using Li Ning, and so are the other country, is all the badminton team leaving Yonex?
    Im from UK so cant get a chance to try out the Lin Ning products, but does Lining start selling their products around china and asia now?

2. hyper_power111

hyper_power111 Regular Member

I get the information from other forums that LiNing rackets has been launched. But the price for that 4 series-"wind", "fire", "Mountain", "forest" are quite high, almost HK$2000. It is a new brand only, it is worth to take the risk. I may stick with Yonex unless LiNing will reduce the price to a reasonable level.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    HK$2000 range??? That's like US$250-300. Even beat top line Yonex. :eek:

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My guess is that they want to position themselves as "high-end" so pricing below Yonex would be counter productive from a marketing standpoint... Not they are saying "prcing" wise.. hey we are better than Yonex, we should not cost less :)

/Twobeer

5. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

twobeer is right, but i will stay wiith Yonex, unless all top players change to Li ning then I probs get one and have a try on their products.
    I saw a picture Lindan performing, and his was sweating really bad like shower, do he normally sweat a lot or is just the shirt which make it worst??

6. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    their shirt seems to stick to their skin as sweat is soaked into the shirt...yonex shirts however, do not do that..unless heavily drenched >_>...

7. jamiec269

jamiec269 Regular Member

indeed, I have never swaet that bad before in my life using yonex, i will not get the Li Ning shirt ever

8. Foppa17

Foppa17 Regular Member

I was offered their rackets when I travelled to SIngapore. Never tried them but they were being offered cheaper than the Yonex I was looking at

9. edwinfsm

edwinfsm Regular Member

Sale & Technical
    ya i agree with yours opinion, Yonex products are so long history and I seeing the product line improvement. I recently also get a top line product from Yonex, before I bought this, in the shop also selling Li Ning racket, it's all feel heavy when I try to swing it, somemore the material used I don understand it, difficult to decide which one is good.

10. Plutoburn

Plutoburn Regular Member

I thought they are just off-loading the price to sponsor Team China onto the consumers.