Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Chinese Taipei Open 2005: Semi-Final

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by badMania, Nov 18, 2005.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Predicted winners in bold.

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Hyun Il (1) vs Park Sung Hwan (6) -- Match of the Day
    Shon Seung Mo (4) vs Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama
    -- it will be an all-Korean final!

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Tracey Hallam (1) vs Chien Yu-Chin
    Seo Yoon Hee (3) vs Cheng Shao-Chieh (2) -- Match of the Day
    -- with crowds behind the two Taiwanese, it could be an all-Taiwanese final!

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen (1) vs Lu Feng-Chieh/Lin Wei Hsiang
    Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto (7) vs Hendra Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (2) -- Hendra/Joko facing the real test now...up against the former world champion! They have done well so far, but beating Tony/Halim will be a further evidence that they have what it takes to be the future no 2 pair for Team Indonesia. I am secretly hoping for an upset here....-- Match of the Day

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing (1) vs Cheng Hsiao Yun/Chang Yun Ju
    Kate Wilson-Smith/Kellie Lucas (3) vs Chiu Yi Ju/Chien Hsui-Lin -- Match of the Day.
    -- again, an all-Taiwanese final is likely.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Wang Chia Min/Wang Pie Rong
    Tsai Hsia-Tsin/Chien Yu-Chin vs Devin Lahardi/Vita Marissa -- three down, two to go with another Taiwanese pair blocking the road to the final. Should be a tough and interesting match -- Match of the Day

#1 badMania, Nov 18, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  2. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

yea i hope that Tony Gunawan/Cheng Wen-Hsing can win and that Taiwan wins everything they can. I met Tony Gunawan and Cheng Wen-Hsing and I think Im going to go visit her next summer. (My coach's coach is Cheng Wen-Hsing's father so theyre really close)