Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Chinese Taipei Open Results

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by egibooga, Nov 20, 2005.

1. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Hyun Il beat Shon Seung Mo

-Lee Hyun Il was on fire at first, but then Shon Seung Mo caught up. first game score was 13-3 to Lee, then became 15-13. i forgot the second game score sry :)

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Tracey Hallam beat Seo Yoon Hee

-Seo Yoon Hee should've won that.. she was up 7-2 in the first game, then lost 11-9 that game. forgot the second game too :) wasnt that exciting :)

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto beat Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen

-TONY WAS SIMPLY ON FIRE TODAY!! hes unstoppable!!

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing beat Kate Wilson-Smith/Kellie Lucas

- a good match. There was one REALLY good rally, where the Australians kept smashing, but just couldnt penetrate the taiwanese defence! then taiwanese had a chance to attack, and finished it. Kate Wilson-Smith got soo pissed that she slammed her racket against the barrier on the side, she recieved a yellow card for that.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Tony Gunawan/Cheng Wen-Hsing beat Devin Lahardi/Vita Marissa

-Tony was simply on fire. Cheng played a really good game. 15-13, 15-5. both Tony and Cheng got 2 golds this tournament!! :) YAY a good victory for taiwan! 2 golds for taiwan!

2. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

overall, this entire tournament was a blast! even though both my coaches lost one in semis, one in quarters. however, this is the first time i've actually gone to an international tournament in person! its a lot better to watch it there than on tv! tony is just simply amazing. i'd so rather be him than any other badminton player. not even taufik or lin dan! a great day for the taiwanese (me) too!

3. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

i also have some pictures, but not a lot. i have a lot of gunawan and like 2 of the danish pair. ill post it sometime later.. haha. not enuf time right now

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Technically, both Team USA and Taiwan got 1.5 gold each. Meanwhile, both Team Korea and England came home with 1 title apiece.

5. egibooga

egibooga Regular Member

haha but i'd like to think of it as 2 golds:) cuz im taiwanese. 2 sounds better than 1.5

6. alohio12

alohio12 Regular Member

lol i agree :D
    go TAIWAN yay now i hope they can do weel in other tourneys as well