Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

clicking noise from you joints .. any cure ?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by krantikt, Apr 6, 2005.

1. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Do your knees make a clicking noise when you walk, or swing your legs,
    does not really hurt or anything, just wondering if the click is something to be worried about ?

I have started playing serious ( 4 to 5 times a week in a club) badminton a year ago, and am concerned, if my knees are giving up, having started badminton at a late age. I am 29 now. Not old by any means :)

2. edongha

edongha New Member

i think its from stress on ur knees or that is what my sports medicine teacher said. But i heard you can get some kind of gel. The condition is common among most old people, but athletes get it too. i have had this problem since i was 15.

3. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

I have the same problem and like to hear more from members on the subject.

4. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    It happens to me sometimes, I figured that for example, on a staircase, when i walk up, sometimes I like to leap up the steps, and when I leap with 1 foot (pressure and weight is put into that one particular leg) then the next day, i have that clicking on that knee. But it heals in 1 or 2 days. I don't know what it is though. :(

5. booewen

booewen Regular Member

I think it is something to do with air trapped in the joint due to stress to on the joint. This is why it happens more when you exercise a lot, because more air is trapped. Thats why its stops cracking after a while, cos the pressure build has dissappeared. Some people have joints more susceptible to this build up than others. I don't think its that bad a thing (I hope not cos my knees crack all the time and my back cracks really badly!) but I have heard that if you continually try to crack your joints it can lead to arthritis.

This is just a poorly remembered account of what I was told by a physio...but different physios say different things on it as far as i'm aware

6. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Glucosamine helps!

I have read several reviews that products including the "Glucosamine" help in preventing any damage to the joints.

I started using this a couple of days ago, and expect to see results in the next 2 weeks. Prevention is better than cure, and I am willing to spend those extra bucks, to prevent any permanent damage ;) .

Anyone has any suggestions on which product is good ? I am using Lubriflex, and it promises to show results in as less than as one week.

7. FlamingJam

FlamingJam Regular Member

Research Student/PT Coach
    ive always ahd a probelm with my knees and they used to crack ALOT im only 16 and i missed half a year with knee injury , this year simple solution - cod liver oil capulses havent had a knee probelm since and the 'crack' noise is now a rare occurance:D

8. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

I have been on that for years and it does help. However don't expect it to be a miracle cure. It takes weeks if not month to feel to result. I was told that the one that comes in powder form is best. I have two spoonful mixed with water twice a day. Mine has got an orange flavour so it is like an orange drink.

9. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I use this gel called "Gluc Osamine", its care for joints n muscles, i got this from Boots in England, im sure there are simular stuff. Works wonders =) But dont use the night b4 playing, it kinda made me play really bad cos i think it made my join relax as it was healing hehe

10. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

Update after 3 weeks of usage

Just wanted to update the benefits of Glucosamine, Lubriflex in particular after 3 weeks of usage. I found it to be extremely benefecial, in that, I dont spend sleeples nights anymroe because of terrible knee aches. This drug has helped a lot.

11. krantikt

krantikt Regular Member

hmm....I am now thinking this is just psychological, because, I feel the exact oppsite. I feel more energetic and relaxed which improves the game after taking it.

12. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    I find i get less power if u rub some in on the night b4, maybe it relaxes all my joins? who knows, so now i just put it on all my joints at the night i finished playing n i find it works great =) or it cud be all in da mind ^^

13. maheshkt

maheshkt New Member

Ah.. that was some useful information. I have this same problem and I realized its getting worse as days goes by. I am 28 and started feeling it getting worse as I hit the gym regularly. I am gonna try Glucosamine sulfate as mentioned here. Hope it helps to reduce the horrible experience I am having for last few years. I was so scared to look up at the information on the net so far.. today i decided myself to do it.. and feeling better. Thanks so much guys.

14. tumbler

tumbler Regular Member

I have the same problem too. Only difference is mine doesnt occur when i walk or run. Just when im sitting down and i extend my legs. Yeah might try Glucosamine. Thanks guys!