Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

coaching in Asia

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by chookster, May 12, 2007.

1. chookster

chookster New Member

Planning to holiday in Malaysia, Vietnam or Indonesia in July and was looking to get some intensive badminton coaching for a week whilst we're out there.
    Currently play in the UK at league level.

Can anyone recommend a good coaching centre where we can either join a course for a week or pay for private coaching for two adults.

Cheers

2. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

A week? :eek: Usually people go there for at least a month. You can find some info in Places to Play => Indonesia

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Malaysia is a good place too and not forgetting cheap. Pm Me if you need more info.

4. avidshuttler

avidshuttler Regular Member

student
    You may want to contact this badminton coach at Sunway Lagoon, Malaysia. Excellent club facilities. A week's too short to bring current skills to higher level, however can pick up some training methods to bring back home. Call 603-56398600.

5. chookster

chookster New Member

training in malaysia

Thanks for the info so far, I'll take a look at Sunway lagoon. Might be able to stretch to two weeks if the location is great too!

Wish I could go for a month :( but unfortunately need to work to fund the trip.

More info on training in indonesia would be good, so I can explore this as an alternative.

6. webolution

webolution Regular Member

I live in KL since a 1 year and train under Chor Hoi Yee, a international WD and XD player. She is about to concentrate on coaching only. She is a great coach and has excellent english skills - if you are interested I can ask her about cost and training program and if you need accomodation as well.
    She usually does intensive trainings for players before tournaments and they would be 2x 3 hours per day.
    Let me know if you are interested and I will ask her when she is back from the New Zealand Open.

http://www.theklracketclub.com/CHOR-HOOI-YEE.html