Collingwood 2nd Annual Break-My-Strings Tournament

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Break-My-String, Sep 20, 2004.

1. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Both you and wood_22_chuck have quite the flair for the dramatic as we can see. :D Have you guys ever thought of co-authoring a fantasy badminton novel? :rolleyes:

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

B-M-S touches the dark curtains, a bright and painful light flashes through his mind bringing him back moments earlier in time. B-M-S is in stealth mode, doing some reconn on a battle between two squads who are younger, equally matched in firepower & agility, but lacked experience in guerilla warfare, for he knew, he and his Second will face one of these tough competitors on the next battlefield. As he studied their maneuvers, their barrage of heavy artillery raged on continuously for over 70 minutes with no relent on who will be victorious. Soon, a curdling scream of victory comes through the fog of war and B-M-S’s next challenger is now official and written in blood.

Knowing their next challenge, B-M-S said to his Second, ‘We cannot let them dictate the battlefield, we’re not going to give them too many opportunities to use their heavy artillery, and at the same time we're going to use our 'hit & run' guerilla warfare tactics along with precision sniper fire!†Strange as it may seems, maybe it was luck…Hell NO!.. it was the pure tactical strategy that brought victory to B-M-S’s side. The battle was quick and ugly, but their enemies have been terminated, B-M-S & his second only lost 7 & 2 life points.

*cough…hack…cough cough* The burning in his lungs brings B-M-S back into the present as the black plastic curtains quickly falls back to seal in the tomb of death & defeat within Collingwood’s gym, "Damn those bastard microbials!" Last week, someone was able to contaminate the oxygen conduits with the latest strain of viral badminton inhibitors, and it looks like B-M-S may have been infected. Someone really wanted to be top dog and will go all out including using biological agents to get the upper hand. He quickly glances at the battle maps, Wood_22_Chuck & WWCBro is next in line to be terminated!

He looks to the right, there lies the ammo dump with hundreds of spent shells on the ground, NASOS Black, they’re fast today, perfect for piercing body armour if you got the firepower, otherwise they can be tweaked to be slower in order to create maximal damage to the flesh without killing your enemy thus causing pain & suffering.

Further behind the ammo dump, there lies a few squads, some are lying in their stench dying from their wounds while others cheer with joy as they were lucky enough to be picked from a draw and be supplied with some premium grade ammo, XENOY-AS50…for their own mercenary missions. Others got Teflon substrates to balance their weapons, vouchers for K-Rations, and one even got a 12-day R&R pass. The most interesting one was the flac jacket specially designed, tested and authorized by the 2004WJR-OPEN technicians…WOW!

To the left, there sits XELF, he’s one of the local arms dealer. On the surface, he looks like your typical paper pusher but underneath lies a powerful & shrewd intellect who has connections to most weapons & flac jackets galore. If you got the funds, you can have the weapons of choice…but there is only one guarantee…with every weapon purchased, your personal body-bag is included. He was talking earlier how one soldier had his inferior weapon break at the handle/shaft whilst in the middle of a gun battle, he had to crawl back to the base to call upon his reserves. I don't know where that soldier is, but I presume he & his Second has been terminated.

As B-M-S load up at the ammo dump, he gets his Second to scout out the battlefield. B-M-S grabs his weapons bag, blindly grabs the first thing, it was an SP500-SX, it was an older model, well used but a powerful weapon but suited for solo reconn missions, not for close quarter, multiple target acquisitions, plus friendlies on your side. Next was the AT700, it just came back from the repair shop and he had no time to calibrate the multiple cross-hair grid-array. There was another AT700, it needed the cross-hairs replaced, showing major signs of thermo-sonic shift, but at least it was calibrated. Armed and ready to go, B-M-S walks towards the battlefield with his sternest face, *cough cough*, "don't let your enemy know you're infected, show any signs of weakness and your enemy will TAKE YOU OUT!" *fade out*

*fade in* Wood_22_Chuck & WWCBro just terminated a couple of old battle-harden veterans and goes to the Over-Lord to find out who may be their next victim. Looking at the battlefield maps, “It may be B-M-S or this young squad of howitzers!†Wood_22_chuck and WWCBro goes to their fox-hole and jams their intravenous liquid protein tubules into their arms. Wood_22_Chuck says, “this is the battle planâ€, before he continues, he rips the Teflon coating from the handle of his weapon, scratches another notch onto the handle to signify the last kill, and starts whittling the butt into a sharp but deadly poisonous tip. With ravenous fire his eyes, Wood_22_Chuck says to WWCBro…

#122 Break-My-String, Nov 26, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    OK, sombody has been watching too much "BlackHawk Down!" lately:D!

BTW, my personal faves are "Saving Private Ryan" and "Full Metal Jacket":cool:

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    "I'm hungry. Subway?"

wwbro reaches for his warmers and says "Bah-ger! That's why we play like *bleep* today. C'mon, never been to Subway before. Let's try it."

wood_22_chuck looks toward wwcbro, but looks past him at the beautiful volunteer scorekeeper at the entrance. She smiles, gets up and approaches the pair. Her graceful walk and youthful exuberance lifts up the spirits of the tired, weary badminton players on the benches, who can't help but smile at her as she passes. She stops in front of wwcbro and wood_22_chuck, smiling ever more sweetly.

"HEY! DAVE, QUIT DROOLING LIKE THAT. YOU'RE CREEPING ME OUT," she says, in a breathy, sing-song voice. "5 MINS WARMUP, AND 5 MINS GRACE, OR YOU FORFEIT, GOT IT?!" she concludes, then walks back to the scorer table.

"Ah Seng is so lucky", wood_22_chuck thinks to himself.

Fifteen minutes respite was all the C-flight warriors got, before again being thrust into battle.

Break-My-String and accomplice had been wreaking havoc in C-flight, dispensing opponents left and right at WILL. C-flight was in disarray, and the leadership was up for grabs. wwcbro and wood_22_chuck was out of sync in their games, and could well fall easily to the BMS/partner jaggernaut.

BMS partner takes off his sweater, revealing a World Junior 2004 T-Shirt. wwcbro gives a "Oh, sheet" look at wood_22_chuck, before commencing the first serve.

-dave

5. 604badder

604badder Member

Sorry to put a damper on this flow of creativity, but there is an important matter we haven't been talking about. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Think it was a film camera, so BMS needs to get the pics on CD first :)

I would love to see a picture of the D-flight finals ... you and cappy75 were DEVOID of smiles, I tell ya!

-dave

7. 604badder

604badder Member

Hahah.... I think BMS got a picture of me turning around with an angry Huyaah! look after we got a hard won point. I hope there is some intense shots of me and cappy too. :p

8. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Sorry for the delay!

YES, the pics are on cellulose. I'm still using snail-pics versus digital-pics! :rolleyes:

As soon as I am finished processing the roll...

Cheers!

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    *readers eagerly waiting for the next installment*