Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Comments and Views about Yonex BG-7 Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by marky mark, May 3, 2004.

1. marky mark

marky mark Regular Member

Have any of you tried this string already?

Ever since I started playing badminton four years ago, I've been using BG-65Ti but prices have increased by around 40% here (currently hovering around $7.10!). Amusedly, by clockwork, the BB-65Ti lasts me two months (I play twice daily, 1 to 1 1/2 hr. per session). I've been looking for a more durable string because of budget concerns, so the latest string I placed in my racquet is a BG-65 ($5.80).

However, I'm not happy with the performance of the string as it absolutely has very low repulsion compared to the 65Ti. Control though is superb, but I have to give all my strength just to generate the same amount of power in my smashes with the ti string.

Thus, I've been looking for a string that would give me reasonable power that is at the same time durable (sounds like an oxymoron :p) and of course, relatievly cheap. I've been looking around, and have seen the BG-7 ($5.09). Its ratings (based on the Yonex chart in the package) are almost similar to the BG-65, but it's a thinner string (.69 mm vs .70mm). Am hoping the difference in thickness would help in terms of repulsion / power.

Any ideas from the forumers? Would more than appreciate it if any one of you can share your experience with this string. :eek: