Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Competitive players, your goal?: To get up to what ranking this year.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by yonexfanatic, Sep 7, 2003.

1. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

For all you competitive players concerned about provincial/state rankings. What is your goal, as in what ranking do you want to get up to this year? A level? B level? Higher C level? etc.

For me, I'd have to say I'd want to get up to top 30-40 in Alberta which is High B level.

However the alberta ranking system, IMO, is arranged differently. for ex, if player 1 defeats player 2, player 1 will take player 2 ranking and bumping him down one. I'd like to see a ranking in alberta where ranking is determined by a point system, or osmething.

2. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    then move to ontario my friend!!! we have a point system.... lessee... right now i'm high C player.... (dunno HOW that happened....) so i guess my goal is to get to mid B....

3. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    wat da u mean by high C? lol! isn't that a "C" is a "C"!:D and since when do they have the most updated ranking out for this new tournament season? :D :D :D

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i guess Nanashi means he plays C and is probably one of the better C players therefore making him a "high C" player.

5. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    it means that i almost have enough points to become a B player......

and you can check the year end (ending 2002-2003) points...

6. 9Cdn553Woba

9Cdn553Woba Regular Member

Computers
    Also in Ontario, Im looking to settle into the middle of the B division. I have a new doubles partner, and although we haven't been playing together for very long we've been destroying some teams with 200-300 points more than us in practice. My partner is extremely quick and offensive. We are adjusting well together so far, so I expect it will be a good season. Oh, also helps that my partner has a very consistant, tight serve -- keeps us on the offense a lot more. So heres hoping for some good results this season. =)

7. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    Statewide: To maintain a 1/2 ranking in singles. And to beat the girl who usually wins first. In doubles I hope to make it to the finals and get a 1/2 ranking. In mixed, I hope my partner and I can make it to the semis.

Nationally: To make it to the quarters in a Nationally ranking tournament and get within the top 8 (singles). In doubles, I want my regular partner and I to play in the same tournaments (and not opposite ones, by accident), so we can be ranked among the top 8 and make it to the quarters. In mixed...to find a mixed partner for national tournaments.

Too bad this is my last year for juniors. I sure would like to improve my #4 and #3's. But it was my best ranking year for juniors so I'm happy.