Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Concise stringing video tutorial.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012.

1. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Hi guys,I have learnt much from this forum and after a year of trying different methods, ive come up with what seems to work best for me on with the tools i use. I made a video detailing the string pattern and starting/tie off knots and hope this helps those who are looking for a resource to get started.

http://asmd.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/badminton-stringing-video-tutorial/

r
    egards,
    asmd.

#1 asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Warehouse dogsbody, Stringer, Panda reseller,
    Rather than cutting the string (from a pack) exactly in half, try giving 30-40 cm extra to the mains - I do this and I still have a LOT left over after doing the crosses.

Also, have you tried the one-weave-ahead method? Weave the cross that comes after the one you will pull next. kwun gives the best demonstration I have yet seen.

3. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I have never had a problem weaving the cross strings... but i do weave it at at angle though, towards the throat which kind of has the same effect.

With regards to leaving the extra length, never thought to give that a try... i might look into that. I currently simply expend a packet for every racket i string.

Regards,
    asmd.

#3 asmd6230, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012