Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Confused about SHB-99 size.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Sophat, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Sophat

Sophat Regular Member

I have read many post about getting shoes 1/2 bigger for badminton shoes than you would usually wear. That is true, I used to wear US 8.5 and I found out that it fits me better with US 9 for badminton. I have tried SHB-100 and SHB-90. The problem is they both are too narrow for my wide feet. In many other threads, some said that SHB-99 are good for wide feet. So i decided to try it out but unfortunately this model is not available here (Montreal, Canada). So I can not try it out, but I am still willing to buy it since I have heard many good things about this model. But I also read in other thread that those who are used to wear SHB-98 should take 1/2 size bigger if they want to switch to SHB-99. Does that mean that I should get a US 9.5 instead? All this is confusing me.

Also, this is the shoes I am considering buying.
    http://http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=198
    Is this model SHB-99MX ???

Thanks for any inputs.
    Sophat

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I tried:

SHB 71/89/90/99 - US10 / 28cm

SHB 68/98/65R - US10.5 / 28.5cm

Others opinions may differ

3. Sophat

Sophat Regular Member

I guess I'll go with size US9. I don't have much a choice since I can not try it out. But SHB-90 does fit me well in length so let's hope SHB-99 will fit as well.
    If anyone has other experiences with 90,99 and 100 around size 9, please share. I still have some time to modify my order before it is too late. Thx

4. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    SHB-99 is more fitting than SHB-90