Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Contacts and Glasses

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by bazzaman, Nov 12, 2012.

1. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I have never been able to play with glasses. I bought a really big pair of prescription glasses but couldnt get used to them.

I have been using contacts to play badminton for over 20 years now and each year i need a stronger power. It was ok up to about -4.0 ( can see thing close and far) but now I am using toric -4.75 and can see things far away (20m) very clearly but seeing things within a few feet is a blur. I find it hard to return smashes as its mostly guesswork and cant even make proper line calls.

If I lower the power then I cant see to the back of the court clearly but can see my feet! So its a big compromise, see either close or far clearly, or moderate for both.

I wont consider lasik for now. Those wearing contacts will have this problem once the power goes past 4.0.

2. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

I think you have long and short sightedness. Normally happen to those mid age and above. :D

3. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Shh dont tell everyone! I might ask the optician to lower the power but I bought a years worth already ...

4. ChongHL

ChongHL Regular Member

Sshhh. .. No worry. Same thing happen to me..... Muahhahaha