Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

difference between original (old) cab 20 and the original cab 20 re-issue?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by red00ecstrat, Oct 22, 2003.

1. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    as title but infact i want to know the difference in performance between those rackets.
    visually there is a um....... i don't know how to call that. joint? i don't know!!!anyway at the tip of the frame u can see a boundary on the surface of the graphite. most of the modern yonex rackets have that "joint" but i couldn't find it on my old cab 20. it is virtually a perfect one-piece frame.
    will that joint weaken the durability of the racket. what do u guys think?

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    the original cab 20........well the one i have is pretty strong. it's taken 21lb.....for a 5-10 year old racquet. i got it second hand, it has many paint chips, but the frame is good, still generates power and control. the head is a bit deformed....but that's cos of the unskillfulness of the stringer.....my other racquet also got deformed:(

never seen the "new" CAB 20

3. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    they look 100% the same except with the new yy logo and also the "joint" that i mentioned above on a re-issue.
    i don't know whether there is a difference in performance between them or not.
    i have an old cab 20 which i bought it in 93 or 94. it's still a cool racket so far. i am sure there must be someone who owned them both and i hope that they can tell me the difference.
    if those re-issue are just as good as the old one. i will buy a few of them as once!