Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Difficulty with high deep forehand serve

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by shooka, Dec 24, 2011.

1. shooka

shooka Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

I have been struggling with my forehand high serve. I tried using a basic grip and forearm pronation to generate power (like in a clear) but fail because of the awkward angle and position. As a result, my forehand serve is either high but not deep, or deep but not high.

I found this excellent slow motion video showing the execution of a forehand serve. From my observation, the coach used a bevel grip and wrist flexion (and a little pronation) to generate power. Another important point is the back swing of the racket pointing the butt towards shuttle.

A close up of her technique can be found at 3:42 to 3:47 (while slow motion footage of forehand serve is found at 2:39 to 5:00).

So my question is what is the correct grip and do I do forearm pronation or wrist flexion to generate power?

Thanks in advance!

[video=youtube;Qlsbrlq_hvs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsbrlq_hvs[/video]