Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

do i need an insole?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by hypadunkz, Jan 18, 2012.

1. hypadunkz

hypadunkz Regular Member

Hi, i just made a really big mistake! I bought the shb 102 ltd recently on a size 8.5 UK. when it arrived i felt it was a bit big and my right foot slides forward when i lunge. So i ordered a size 8UK(my feet size) and kept the 8.5 to compare. I tried the 8uk my feet didnt slide at all but it felt uncomfortable. So in the end I chose comfort over a snug fit. I just tried and played with the 8.5uk today and after a game of singles the sole of my feet started to develop some blisters. :( ive now returned the size 8 so im stuck wth the 8.5. now if i buy an insole will it change anything? Im thinking of buying the sole regular moldable insoles but its a bit pricey for �36. obviously i dont want to waste money again so will an insole save me from this mistake?

2. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yes, insoles help you from moving. i used a size 11 shoes when i should have used size 10 or 10.5. same problem, slides and blisters etc.

after adding an insole (victor) in my asics shoes, i stopped sliding, less blisters and my heel hurt less.

a few months later the extra height made me twist my ankle and i took it out ever since even though my heel hurts now. so up to you :p